Comodo Dragon Version 42.2.2.138 is now available.

Hi USSS,
Good to hear the favicons have restored in version 43 Beta. :-TU
Let us hope they behave in version 42 if you go ahead.

Thanks.

Deleting a file named “Favicon” in my profile folder fixed this for me.

Thanks, NiramX. I have noted your and captainsticks’ solutions in my system maintenance log if/when I reinstall v42.2.2.138.

captainsticks,

Do you understand me.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Chromium 37+ uses DirectWrite on Windows: Chrome 37 Beta: DirectWrite on Windows and the element (Chromium Blog)

Hello Captain,

I have been having problems for weeks trying to get Dragon 36.1.1.21 to update using the “About”.
I would keep getting (Unexpected error)

Today I thought possibly I have a conflict between Dragon and Chromodo 42.1.2.90. In the past I had no conflicts running Chrome and Dragon.

Per your instructions to someone else I downloaded the installer for Dragon 42…2.2.138 from the forum and did the upgrade and had no problems.

Still wonder why “About” would not work ?

Thanks
UncleDoug

Hi Ege,
You can disable DirectWrite if preferred.

1. Type (Copy/Paste) chrome://flags/#disable-direct-write into the address bar and enter.
  2. Select enable of the highlighted entry and relaunch the browser.

Kind regards.

BTW: Thanks for the information JoWa.

Hi UncleDoug,
I am not sure why it is not updating internally on some systems, maybe a location specific glitch. :-\

As long as you are up and running correctly. :slight_smile:

Note: Chromodo and Dragon are independent of each other and should in no way conflict.

Kind regards.

I had the same problem when I tried to update CD when I was offered to download and install the new version upon startup of the old version. Avast! Anti-Virus blocked the update, and a file called 3207.tmp was sent to the Virus Chest.

First: Avast indeed reports a fake positive - Comodo guys should report it to avast and ask to whitelist it.

Second: After trying the suggested

--show-component-extension-options

command line, it seems like there is more Google stuff bundled there:

• Bookmark Manager (makes sense)

• Chromium PDF Viewer (makes sense)

• CryptoTokenExtension (?probably? makes sense)

• Https Enforcement (the known “enforce https” comodo extension)

• Easy Flash Download (the “tooltips” (with outdated text for flash v.17) guiding users to download pepper flash for chromium on adobe’s site)

• Google Now (I would really rather not have it there…)

Some of them are normal and OK (bookmark manager, etc.), while others are really not (Google Now, which is may be useful, is still the biggest info-cancer for your data to come out of google).
And its fine, as long as users can control them.
The issue is - it seems like it is impossible to disable/“un-check” those, unlike “normal” extensions.

What would be the proper way to disabling them???

Ok, Thanks… :-TU :slight_smile:

Hi smartodo,
Please see the quote below for more information.

Kind regards.

Thanks captainsticks,
I continued the discussion there https://forums.comodo.com/help-cd/comodo-dragon-42-hidden-extensions-will-not-disable-or-uninstall-t111464.0.html;msg810425#new

You are welcome, thanks. :slight_smile:

Where is the download for Dragon 43?
My Dragon updated to 43.3.3.185?

^^^
I can also confirm that my installation of Comodo Dragon has updated to v43.2.2.185 from v43.2.2.157 Beta via internal updater.

Mine stable Dragon 42 updated to 43.3.3.185.

I incorrectly specified the updated version in my post. It should have read v43.3.3.185.

I would expect a release topic to follow sometime shortly.
Maybe give it a day or so with the weekend looming. :wink:

Has the Google Hotword audio “feature” addressed in this latest release? It has been in the latest Chromium 45 release.