Comodo Dragon Version 42.2.2.138 is now available.

I also have some scrolling problem on vk.com (and font changed too - to a smaller one, and it annoys me much).

How do I revert back to v36?

The new Dragon v42 needs suddenly Adobe Flash PPAIP? Why that?
The old v36 Dragon needed Flash NPAPI, so why changed now?
Also i can not reach the adobe-site, its loading endless.

Please change it back to NPAPI.

@Maske
You can it download here, for example:
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/network/browsers/comodo_dragon.cfm

Z3R07 - See the google blog link in post #29 here Chromium Blog: The Final Countdown for NPAPI

I suspect Comodo will not be able to change it back, all Comodo does is take out bits of the Chromium code ( for example googles unique ID etc ), then add a few things like Clear at Exit and a heap of extensions. One of those extensions supposedly helps to download flash ( see screenshot ) … Whether that is NPAPI or PPAPI I dont know … questions asked in the CD help forum.
Going forward, as mentioned in the google blog, NPAPI is being dropped completely.

See also Captainsticks post #16 for how to get flash

[attachment deleted by admin]

Okay, thanks for quick reply.

Seems then no turning back for NPAPI.
Mh, I still don’t understand why Google changed, Firefox still use it.

But most of all i hope that soon all website support html5, finally.

Hi w33d3r,
When downloading Flash from here, it has little dialogues that guide you to the correct version which is PPAPI.

Kind regards.

Okay, thanks for quick reply.

Seems then no turning back for NPAPI.
Mh, I still don’t understand why Google changed, Firefox still use it.

But most of all i hope that soon all website support html5, finally.

Hi Z3R07,
Technology has evolved and PPAPI technology is both safer and more reliable.
Saying Goodbye to Our Old Friend NPAPI-Chromium blog.

In regards to the Adobe site not loading.

Kind regards.

Has anyone else noticed that favicons no longer appear in History (CD v42.2.2.138)? They were present in v36.

Hi USSS,
I have favicons in both the history and bookmarks.
Do you have them in your bookmarks?
Do they refresh if you visit the site?

Kind regards.

Okay thank you.

But why Firefox still using NPAPI then?
Any plans that Firefox also change?
Never reading about it before…

Because Firefox does not support PPAPI, or any other modern API, and Flash Player is still widely used.

Mh. Strange.

Another:
Exist not a Comodo Dragon x64 version? Why that?

No, favicons neither appear in my bookmarks nor my History, even after revisiting a new or bookmarked site. I’ve rebooted my system at least twice since installing v42.2.2.138.

This is not a huge issue, but I will troubleshoot it when I have time. (I also have the latest version of CIS Firewall installed.)

Hi USSS,
This sounds like corruption may have occurred in the favicons storage location.

You could try removing or renaming the follow two files and the favicons should repopulate as you revisit the sites.
Favicons-journal and Favicons files found in the ‘C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Comodo\Dragon\User Data\Default’ folder.
Note: This will remove all/any existing favicons.

Kind regards.

captainsticks, just before I saw your post above, I reinstalled v43.2.2.157 Beta, which restored my pre-existing favicons in my bookmarks and History.

I may download a fresh copy of v42.2.2.138 later. It’s possible some corruption occurred in my original download. Thanks for your suggestion, nonetheless.

Hi USSS,
Good to hear the favicons have restored in version 43 Beta. :-TU
Let us hope they behave in version 42 if you go ahead.

Thanks.

Deleting a file named “Favicon” in my profile folder fixed this for me.

Thanks, NiramX. I have noted your and captainsticks’ solutions in my system maintenance log if/when I reinstall v42.2.2.138.

captainsticks,

Do you understand me.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Chromium 37+ uses DirectWrite on Windows: Chrome 37 Beta: DirectWrite on Windows and the element (Chromium Blog)

Hello Captain,

I have been having problems for weeks trying to get Dragon 36.1.1.21 to update using the “About”.
I would keep getting (Unexpected error)

Today I thought possibly I have a conflict between Dragon and Chromodo 42.1.2.90. In the past I had no conflicts running Chrome and Dragon.

Per your instructions to someone else I downloaded the installer for Dragon 42…2.2.138 from the forum and did the upgrade and had no problems.

Still wonder why “About” would not work ?

Thanks
UncleDoug