Comodo Dragon ver 30.0 is now available for download

:THNK who know it

Comodo Program Manager is the best helper by downloading Comodo Dragon update"s

How its work & why you should use CPM.

My experience with CPM according CD.

1 - starting my PC , the first step is CIS6 update
2 - in between CPM is doing hard job from alone in the buckground. ( I dont switch ihm on ) first poup today from CPM - Comodo Program Manager finished instaling Comodo Dragon 30 :slight_smile:

everything up to date & ready to go :slight_smile:

3 - time to open the CD browser everything works smooth .
I have never downloaded any update"s alone :-TU
Have never any problems with & a m wondering always about any problems people experiencing

CPM is a smart soft & wort to use .

:viva:

Thank YOU!! ;D ;D :slight_smile:

Important update, thank you ;D

good job on this update

Windows 7x64
Using portable version of CD.
After the downloading process is complete I see the “Downloaded file is not properly signed” message.

After the update,every time i open Dragon beside my usual homepage opens another tab with Comodo cloud.It’s annoying and how can i disable that?

Hi Joe_Black40,

See Setting up your Homepage in Comodo Dragon

Hi Joe_Black40,
Check your settings for ‘On Startup’
If you have ‘Open a specific page or set of pages’ selected, remove all URLs except for your preferred page.
To remove unwanted entries, hover over the pages that you don’t require and delete with them using the cross.
Opening Preset Pages on Startup

Kind regards.

The problem is that both On startup and Homepage is only google.ro and nothing else…

Hi Joe_Black40,
Is Dragon being run in virtual mode?

No.It’s running in Sandboxie,and i’m using it like this for more than a year and never had any issues.
PS.Just ran it outside SBIE and has the same behavior.

Ok,this is odd…after i posted 2 minutes ago and closed the browser,opened it again and the cloud tab doesn’t appear anymore…

Strange self healing process (Glitch), OH well as long as it is cured. :slight_smile:
Let us hope it continues to behave.
If the issue returns please let us know.
Edit: It could depend whether or not the settings were made running in Sandboxie or not.

Thanks.

Hello,

Dragon.exe checks for a file’s existence on disk when it is launched. If the file is present then it shows the ccloud page at runtime and deletes the file (this is done so the page is only displayed once after a fresh install or an update). When you ran Dragon in Sandboxie, it prevented the normal behavior and the file was left on disk.

I hope this clarifies the Dragon’s behavior for you.
Regards.

No, second that problem. After the auto upgrade the non-focused tab with a link to https://ccloud.com (Comodo Cloud) appears on every CD start. “On Startup” is set to “Open the New Tab page”, “Startup Pages” list is empty. [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ComodoGroup\Dragon] EnableMessageCenter is set to 0. First time I thought “No-ad CD is going bye-bye” and that this behaviour is hard-coded, but you act like it’s not supposed to be like that.

Hi George-Silviu Blendea,
Thanks for the above clarification and also thank you for this version update. :-TU

Kind regards.

Hello,

Dragon.exe checks for a file’s existence on disk when it is launched. If the file is present then it shows the ccloud page at runtime and deletes the file (this is done so the page is only displayed once after a fresh install or an update). When you ran Dragon in Sandboxie, it prevented the normal behavior and the file was left on disk.

I hope this clarifies the Dragon’s behavior for you.
Regards.

Aha, so I have non-standard access rights set, which probably prevents CD to remove that file. Could you, please, specify the file path?

whoa!!! what do you guys mean the new comodo dragon communicates with google server on launch… i thought the whole purpose of comodo dragon browser was the extra security , and to remove the extra nosey stuff that chrome has

Thank you,this does makes sense for sure,although i have in SBIE all the “direct acces” for Dragon set to allow…

Aha, so I have non-standard access rights set, which probably prevents CD to remove that file. Could you, please, specify the file path?
Answering that myself. The file is "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\first_launch\first_launch". Removed it manually and the problem appears to be solved. Thanks anyway!