Comodo Dragon ver 29.0 is now available for download

I just posted a bug report for this as I have upgraded to Version 29 on 3 Windows XP machines and all have the same problem.

https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cd/fonts-are-garbled-in-comodo-dragon-version-29-on-windows-xp-t98449.0.html

"Having upgraded today to Version 29 everywhere I was surprised to find that on the Windows XP machines (Pro and Home) the fonts for the tabs, menus, address bar etc are all garbled. If there was a way to post a screen image on here I would but I suspect all you have to do is install Version 29 on Windows XP to see what I mean as I have upgraded 3 and they are all the same.

Seems fine on my Windows 7 laptop."

This was a reported bug in Chrome 29 and fixed in Chrome 30 … is there a Dragon Beta 30 ??

Thx, updated to the 29.0 with autoupdate. No any troubles with it. Nice :-TU

You must to knew that Windows XP SP3 and Office 2003
Support Ends April 8, 2014 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/endofsupport.aspx
Its no OK that CD work with some mistakes. But why do you think most of developers concentrated for new OS and drivers, new technologies?

It also does the same on Server 2003 which is not due for shelving next year !!!

It is also September 2013 a good 7 months till Microsoft de-support XP.

It is also a known fault in Chrome 29 that they fixed in 30.

XP is listed as a supported operating system for CD and Chrome so there is no excuse for developers and QA not to test it on a “supported operating system”

Sorry but there is no excuse for Google missing this one.

Hopefully the devs for CD can back port the fix in 30 to 29.

Chrome 30 will soon (maybe next week) be released to the stable channel, and hopefully it will not take too long until Dragon is based upon Chromium 30. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the glimmer of hope in the distance. :wink:

Well unfortunately we will all have to use Chrome Beta 30 on XP for now … I do so like Dragon. Oh well at least it’s okay on my Windows 7 laptop that I use the most at home. I will just have to adjust to using Chrome at work.

nice update , this version 29 got less mem consuming compare to chrome amazing !! :-TU

its a more efficient version than Chrome, because there are many things that calls home and does other stuff that users don`t know in Chrome that we have taken out :wink:

Chrome 29 “Reset browser settings” missing in CD 29

I’m noting the absents of a new feature added to Chrome 29. Chrome 29 has a “Reset browser settings” button in Settings, located at the bottom of the Settings page under Advanced settings.

Was the feature omitted from CD for a reason?

Here’s a recent article on that release and the magic reset button:

Oh, and good release, very stable. Good decision to wait on Google to fix bugs on rounds in a release until you release a CD version. If that is the Comodo philosophy, I think it’s a good one, i.e. good for your customers to avoid unstable/buggy product cycles of Chrome. Comodo can’t control what Google releases, but it can control what releases it decides to roll to its customers after a few days of eval. It is one of the REASONS I recently switched to CD. Thank you!

Comodo Dragon is built upon Chromium, not Google Chrome. If Google added the function to only Google Chrome and not Chromium then it wouldn’t be present in Comodo Dragon. I don’t know if the function was added to Chromium or Google Chrome though.

The Reset browser settings button is in my 29.0.1547.76 release of the Google Chrome browser. It was also in the prior two releases of 29. Just curious of there was an integration issue of the feature on the CD 29 release.

Chromium.

Some information:
Revision 202064
Reset browser settings
Smarter omnibox suggestions for all

ugh ya it’s so annoying, and sometimes it won’t react when you start typing in my omnibar either.
i changed to only use dragon bcos google chrome did this, and couldn’t figure out why, now i know it must be how the newest version was, as dragon now have it to. -.- ugh.

…I know what I said, but had to comment - after reading the recent spat about all the new problems /w/ the new 29 version, (as usual), after going back to SRWare Iron, & Mozilla Firefox ONLY, & dumping everything else, NO PROBLEMS, & my Facebook games, & everything else, work like they’re supposed to, PROPERLY again as should be…

Switching to an Old Theme worked for me. I had an old Windows 2000 Utopia Theme I did years ago which has fixed the Menu. Address Bar Fonts.

ET lives in Chrome?

Just tried these pages with latest iron browser 29, and all pages choose TLS 1.2, just wanted to inform you that you can run iron until comodo fixes this issues :slight_smile:

Yes but he phones home with an Android phone. ;D

Thank you. :slight_smile: Yes, they even mentioned it in the announcement. Any browser based upon Chromium 29+ (Revision 203090), including Opera 16, could and should support TLS 1.2.

Hopefully it will be fixed in Dragon 30, like TLS 1.1 was fixed in Dragon 28.0. :slight_smile:

BTW, Chromium 31 brings a feature (Revision 217716) that depends on TLS 1.2 being implemented and supported. :wink:

I am a very happy Dragon User - until today. I have discovered a weird feature in CD 29 which was not in 28.

Go here, and then hit the page refresh icon a couple of times (left of the address bar):
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/

Notice how the browser history inserts an entry every time you hit page refresh (hold down on the ‘back’ button and count them). It does not do it on other pages which I normally view.

CD does this on two machines, one running XP Pro SP3 and one running Vista Business SP2.

Actually I am still a happy Dragon user, but this is a nuisance because I am in the habit of keeping a string of pages in different tabs. Now the string of 3 pages off the Yahoo Finance root can no longer be accessed in this way because when I refresh one page I lose the page-forward history.