Comodo Dragon ver 26.0 is now available for download

about:plugins

about:flags

about:net-internals

about:tracing

about:memory (or memory-redirect)

about:gpu

(:WAV)

I have revisited this question and admit having some trouble getting my head around it. :-\

If the flash issues are directly related to this version of CD, then feedback/discussion is acceptable in this topic.
If it is about discussing flash vulnerabilities and whether or not it should be incorporated or even suggested or not as a requirement, then this should be a separate topic.

Apparently Incorrect mouse position in Flash games is fixed in chrome\chromium
v28.0.1457.0 (191476) and later

Thanks for the info, I’ve tested Chromium v28.0.1456.0 (191125) and it has the same problems as Dragon 26. Then I’ve tested Chromium v28.0.1458.0 (191530) and there are no errors :slight_smile:

[at] Siegfried

I believe you are trying to be helpful, but english is more than likely not your native language.

The quoted urls you post to dragon about pages are not necessary …

Because the dragon:// equivalents also work ( try them, I know about the about:// equivalents, but long ago found that Dragon was slowly converting / renaming them to Dragon specific pages, SRWare Iron has Chrome:// equivalent pages, and Googles own brand of Chromium has its own brand of those pages ( some of which they like to bury occasionally like the Dragon://Tracing page, you will not find a similar page or its abilities in Googles Chrome ( Google chrome version of Dragon://Tracing used to be called About://Networks/ - But Google disabled it … ) because they realised how much it could give away about their own … erm … habits :wink: )

I just gave those as examples of dragon pages which still work - versus - the old dragon://gpu-internals page which no longer works ( because as was found in my edit: - it has been renamed as dragon://gpu/ )

The whole point of the post was to highlight that an about page had been renamed unexpectedly ( un-expectedly because I regard this browser as an ‘open and transparent’ kind of browser, although I do realise the only people with such detailled information will be the programmers, who’s time is better spent on doing what they do, rather than following peoples concerns in the forum )

I noticed you trying to help earlier too, but I believe you do not quite get how much I do understand about this browser. Please read all the links in my previous posts … I have, in their entirety.

[at] Captainsticks

I believe you and all other moderators of this forum need to have a private conversation regarding this volatile subject, and achieve what I will term ‘moderator solidarity’ on how to deal with controversial privacy issues raised within this particular part of the forum.

I feel you do need a sticky related to all flash related questions because …

A) You now have a browser which Privacy advocates will be particularly keeping a watchful eye upon ( for example )

B) The more popular CD becomes, the more those Privacy issues will become a threat to people with a vested / monetary interest in how the development is ‘guided’ … And so it will become more and more volatile.
You need a box to put them in :slight_smile:

Pouty posts of “you broke my video accesibility, fix it now or I wont use it” may seem innocent, but on this subject you have to wonder at the real motivations for such posts. And such posts / topics are becoming more prevalent / repeated.

Which is why I would recommend you have an “All things Flash related to CD” sticky post, to which you can redirect such shenanigans.

Point Melih at this particular post ( and my preceeding posts within this topic ), and I think he will understand the reasoning here.

That will be why I posted that it was fixed in in chrome\chromium
v28.0.1457.0 (191476) and later

1457 and 191476 being > 1456 and 191125

:slight_smile:

Hi w33d3r,
Thanks for your input and suggestions.
I have opened a Mods discussion about this. :slight_smile:

Wanting a browser to work with Adobe is not pouty or trollish. It’s a good developer’s job to do so.

As per the above posts it’s a fault with standard Google Chrome

if you use Standard Google Chrome with the Stand Alone Flash from Adobe instead of PepperFlash it does exactly the same as Dragon does with the Stand Alone Flash.

The workaround for Dragon also posted above is to use PepperFlash instead … we have been using Dragon with PepperFlash ever since the kind people in this forum explained how to above.

CyberFox my comments have not been about you personally.

Back on topic : I would suggest that the problem is not with Comodo Dragon ( or even the Chromium source code developers )

As has been pointed out pepperflash ( which googles open source developers fought hard ‘against’ google to actually get developed - they publicly went against the hand that feeds them so to speak at one point in time because they themselves recognised how much of an issue Adobes own brand of flash could be, and so meetings between Google and Adobe were conducted, and google were allowed to make their own Chromium compatible version ) is the plugin needed for better compatability.

Adobes own brand of Flash ( the one that has its own updater service installed in the background just to support a plugin ) -

• Should imho be made to be compatible with all browsers it plugs into. Not the other way around.

If anyone was using FireFox instead, and the latest version broke some functionality of for example an older version of AdBlock+, or NoScript, would the right approach be to get FireFox developers to make it compatible with the older plugin ?, or any of the thousands of plugins for FireFox suddenly not being compatible with the latest version of FireFox … Development would have to cease because such retro-support for plugins would make development of the browser ridiculously un-viable.

Therefore the people to address with Adobes brand of Flash, and compatability with any Chromium derived Browser fork ( Googles Chrome / SRWare Iron / Dragon / … and others ), are Adobe.

Unfortunately I doubt if anyone will get any joy. Adobe traditionally only sit up and listen when their bean counters recognise an issue is causing Adobe financial damage … Otherwise they do not really care.

Which is another good reason people wanting Flash would be better off with pepperflash.

If they must :slight_smile:

[at] Captainsticks ; Thank you.

…I’ve seen some indication in a post or two about “HOW” to get Pepper Flash into Dragon, but I’m not as computer savvy as you moderators, & some of you members, & was not able to make any sense out of any of it, so, can somebody PLEASE post COMPLETE & EXPLICIT instructions, (links for downloads or download setups themselves included if that’s a part of it), all in the same post about EXACTLY what one must do to accomplish this? So the rest of us who don’t have the luxury of advanced computer knowledge can get through the process. Kinda like a “Pepper Flash and Comodo Dragon for Dummies”. Thanx in advance…

For what it’s worth I’m not seeing any problems using flash beta - http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

Thanks Radaghast, that just got me thinking.
Yes we are all happy to jump on Comodo/Chromium etc, but has anyone stopped to think this issue could possibly be a fault with Flash itself.
Browsers do need to be compatible with plugins, but doesn’t the plugin also need to be coded correctly to be compatible across the board?

Does anyone review what has been said previously in a conversation these days. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sometimes fast paced lifestyles cause things to be missed, I do apologise for missing the above.

In the latest version of Google Chrome, there seems to be a white right-click context menu, I was wondering if there was a way to get this is in Comodo Dragon?

Thanks,

Netguy101

@ Netguy - I am using CD 26.0

Do you mean like this …

http://s1.bild.me/bilder/150113/7353435Untitled.png

Hi Netguy101,
This might be able to done with an extension, not sure though.

Future updates might change the menu.

Hi w33d3r,
The new Chrome has a distinctive white background with larger spacing, while CD has a grey tinge.
The colour difference may vary from one system to another.
In the screenshot, Chrome is on the left.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Comodo Dragon 26 is working really well for me. Thanks for a great product Comodo. ;D

Yes that’s what I meant. The white backgroud and larger spacing makes the menu easier for me to read :slight_smile:

Edit: Just search the chrome web store and didn’t find any extentions to change it in dragon.