Comodo Dragon ver 21.0 is now available for download

Filehippo flash V11.3.300.270 is even ahead of Adobes own site V11.3.300.268. :-\

thanks for the info captainsticks,downloaded it again and still says version 20.1.1.0, dunno whats happening,first time this has happned. will try later in the day perhaps.

Not really. https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Urgent-Flash-Player-Update-Addresses-Crash-in-the-Update-Service-284693.shtml

I did not see that option probably because I had Flash installed already. Other than that Comodo should provide the most recent, read safest, version of Flash as a security company… 88)

The About Flash page also shows .268 as the latest and greatest

Indeed. Give us Pepper! :stuck_out_tongue:

Only the updater was updated in .270. http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/release-note/enduser-release-notes-11_3.html

Thanks for this info Jowa.

This is weird, the only thing I can think of is it somehow getting a previous version from your download history or cache? :-
Try clearing your browser data.
Ctrl+Shift+Del

Is anyone else getting this problem or have some ideas other than the above? Thanks.

Not sure what is going on? The same as last time, when I look at About I see an error so the new version will not download automatically.

I went to the link in the announcement and the file started downloading.
Everthing downloaded (total bytes matched) but then the file hung and I saw Permission error.
File started downloading again, completed and installed correctly.

Even though most times I use Ice Dragon, Comodo Dragon is the default browser with SecureDNS set for everything, and in setup only Start Incognito mode is unchecked.

Attached is an image of the downloads

UncleDoug

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yes sometimes this happens with CD. May be a bug.

But if you will rename the unconfirmed to .exe or whatever extension it is it will work as the download is complete.

Very good !

many thanks !

CRDOWNLOAD would usually mean the download is not complete or interrupted.
If it is still showing CRDOWNLOAD at the completion of the download, even if the size matches the file could still be incomplete or corrupt in some way.

There is still no favicon for web-pages that I visit. Not that it’s disturbing or something, just a note :slight_smile:

Seems faster too (or more stable) than previous version 8)

As in in the URL bar?
I think favicon’s are removed from the URL bar just as Firefox removed them also, they where abused by using ‘yellow lock’ favicons to trick users in to thinking they where on a secure site etc…
They only appear in the ‘Tab’ not the URL bar anymore.

Exactly, Ronny :slight_smile:
Alright, I’m OK with it. I read something about it somewhere but I’ve forgotten it.

The “270” version is only to address a “crash” issue for those affected. No added functionality is addressed. The next version will include the crash fix automatically. I had to do a lot of Googling to dig this up. Sure wish software vendors would explain themselves better.

Mod edit: Fixed quote, Captainsticks.

May be the download is/was not synched properly yet with the various servers?

Does the problem still happen or did it fix its self?

Hi ultradolby1,
Thanks for finding this information, it does help clarify why the different versions are available.
Flash releases are getting hard to keep up with. :slight_smile:

Thanks Eric, that could be a logical explanation. :slight_smile:

Thank You & You’re Welcome To All

…still learnin’ how to use this thing - gettin’ere…
…anxiously waitin’ to see what the “Ice” update will bring…

This is a good place to start. :wink:

...anxiously waitin' to see what the "Ice" update will bring...
CID is good especially for the first version, but I still have a soft spot for the original Dragon.

good update