Comodo Dragon v76.0.3809.132 closes immediately on startup

I haven’t had any issues with Comodo Dragon before, but suddenly today it’s just refusing to open, the window pops up but before it can do anything it immediately closes without an error message. I’ve created a new user profile, uninstalled and reinstalled, run virus scans and driver updates, but nothing seems to fix it. It was running just fine last night, and there wasn’t an update or anything, so I have no idea what to do from here.

I’d like to second this.

Comodo Dragon went from working fine to crashing to desktop when opening. This CtD is occurring across multiple systems with different hardware configurations and A/V installs.

I’ve tried the following:

Clearing temp files.
‘Repair’ install.
Uninstall/reinstall.
Uninstall, clearing profile/reinstall.

Google Chrome works with no issue. So, whatever quirk exists, it looks like the problem lies with Comodo Dragon.

Same problem happening here. Newest update broke? Reinstalled after deleting AppData files. Still closes on launch. Installed IceDragon and it works fine.

Same issue for me.

I am also having this problem. Started CD this morning with no issues, restarted and it’s suddently acting up. Whatever happened seemed to effect older versions as well, as i’ve tried uninstalling and clearing appdata to install an older version and none of those have worked either.

Yep, me too, was just fine before work, after work same problem, I found non updated no install version still works fine (if that one gets updated still crashes).

Same here, same time. Looks like it’s not just me. :-\

It was fine earlier today, then I had several tabs hang up on me, and I ended up having to close the browser and then rebooted for other reasons. After that, it won’t start.

I’ve tried a new download, tried the repair option, created a new profile. Nothing works. It’s toast.

I really depend on this browser as my main, I hope mods/devs see this thread quickly and fix the problem fast.

Since it’s obviously not a profile problem, i’m going to move my old profile back so I don’t lose everything.

Edit: I hope the auto update program is not bugged and can still download a hotfix…

Hello, how can I make a backup of my profile? I’d like to have one myself, just in case.

I’m also having the same problem, reinstalled and now i’m stuck at version 49, it also doesn’t let me login to sync account

Profile info is stored at “C:\Users*YOUR USER NAME*\AppData\Local\Comodo\Dragon\User Data”

I have the same problem. Renamed the Default folder and then even the entire “User Data” folder, but Comodo Dragon continues to open and instantly shut down. I am glad I am not the only one with this problem.

I am having this problem, too. This has only started today. I’ve never had any issues with Comodo Dragon. I created another user profile because I thought mine was corrupted and did a fresh install and still having same issues. Please advise!