Comodo Dragon v63.0.3239.108 (64-bit) BETA is now available for download

Hello, everyone!

We are very pleased to announce the release of Comodo Dragon v63.0.3239.108 (64-bit) Beta.

Changes:

• Rebuilt browser on 64-bit

Download:
Comodo Dragon v63.0.3239.108 64-bit can be downloaded from:
http://download.comodo.com/browser/release/dragon/x64/dragonsetup.exe

Checksums:
md5: 294E8B61D366C7D799FE9DDF88222394
sha1: 5F20AC77209E2FC7652767D9CCAD0DEC2AE36491
sha256: 28A293967C8A46F62F93A468E5B26223B6215ED52B31DF54CEFEA48982BFBEBE

Thank you very much,

The Comodo Browsers team

:o :-TU

Great news, can’t wait to try it :slight_smile:

Great news! I’ll give it a try.

Eric

Working well at my end so far. The default yahoo page didn’t change to uk.yahoo… from us.yahoo but that was fixed after second time I opened the browser. Video playback works fine for youtube and other sites. Running nice and fast here.

Looks like Dragon is my default browser again! Well done :-TU

Edited to addmore notes.

This thread should be merged with the same topic on BETA section. This is a BETA release and moderators can you please move this thread?
Thanks

Topic moved.

All still working well at this end.

Eric

Gotta love beta testing. See attached image.

What’s that?
I clicked on the link, it flashed - no

I clicked on the link about 7 times, it flashed - nothing happened, no history of a download. I opend firefox, clicked on the link and I could see the download going on. Then I opend the the downloadfolders - and found the dragonsetup 8x. 7x downloaded with dragon und 1x with firefox. (:CLP)

Link working fine at this end even with Firefox download. I get an option to save or cancel and then it shows the firefox usual Down Arrow on the top right hand corner of the browser window which turns blue once the download is complete.

Eric

Yes, mine did that but having just uninstalled the old version I presumed it had picked up reminents of the previous installation or something.

Eric

Yes, it does, but with comodo dragon it seemed as if it wasn’t downloaded. What a difference: click - nothing more and it was in my downloadfolder - just a blink of an eye! Fantastic!

I also have Dragon 63 x86 installed so I assumed it picked up on that. I decided to do a portable installation.

I assume uninstalling van 32 bits version will leave behind the profile information in the AppData folders.

That brings me to questions for Andrei. Can this build be installed on top of the profile of the x86 version? Are there plans to install to let the 64 bits uninstall the 32 bits version migrating people to the 64 bits version like Firefox did?

Hi EricJH,

I assume uninstalling van 32 bits version will leave behind the profile information in the AppData folders.

Yes uninstalling the 32-bit version leaves behind the profile in AppData as long as you DO NOT tick the “Remove user profile” checkbox in the un-installer. Then installing the 64-bit version picks-up the profile left behind. You probably may have to re-enable some extensions and show the bookmarks bar again if you had it visible, but I checked again the rest of the browsing data is kept.

Also the same can be achieved by repairing the 32-bit version to 64-bit. We do plan to change the “Repair” option on the setup to something like “Migrate to 64-bit”, but it didn’t make in the beta.

There are plans for migrating the people with 64-bit versions of Windows to 64-bit browsers with the next release, but nothing has been decided yet.

This is what I did 2 days ago after downloading the 64-bit installation package without uninstalling the previous version, I was prompted to repair Comodo’s installation and it worked very smoothly.

Thank you Andrei. That’s exactly what I thought. :slight_smile:

I had installed it as a separate portable installation for the time being.

:BNC

Still working well here at this end. I have noticed a tiny glitch on my favourite Warcraft reference site. The page loads fine and unlike Chrome, doesn’t display the banner ad at the top but initial click on one of the contents opens a new tab of the same page and you have to go to that page to view the page you clicked on and use that tab for any other contents on that page.

Site I’m referring to: Assassination Rogue DPS Guide - Dragonflight 10.0.7 - World of Warcraft - Icy Veins

Otherwise, still running great and loving the new COS addon released!

Eric