Comodo Dragon Beta Version 43.2.2.157 Beta preview is now available.

Hi Sanya,
This bug appears to be specifically related to the ‘Clear At Exit’ function.

Bug: [b]Dragon[/b]://plugins etc doesn't work Expected Behavior: [b]Dragon://[/b] to work Workaround: [b]Chrome://[/b] works.
I have noticed this as well. Chromodo also acts this way, so I don't know if it is now intended behaviour or a bug in both browsers. :-\

Thanks.

I’m using ‘clear at exit’ so you’re probably right.

Not sure either but I’d like to see it fixed, so used to typing dragon…

Hi Sanya,
I have mentioned this question to Staff as to whether or not it is intended.

I have the plugins page bookmarked for quick access. :slight_smile:

Kind regards.

Hi Sanya,
As you indicated this is a problem with clear at exit feature. We have fixed the problem in our development cycle, and this is the main reason why we still don’t release Dragon v42.

Regards.

Hi again,
There are historical reasons for this issue. Actually, chrome:// does not imply a product. While WebKit was developing, there is a requirement to define a protocol stub for internal navigation(to display application specific UIs as html pages) in the application. chrome:// is chosen for only this particular purpose, it’s kinda http://, ftp://, file:// etc.

This is still in use in the browsers evolved from WebKit, e.g. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Tech/XUL/Tutorial/The_Chrome_URL.

What about other chromium based browsers?
Vivaldi: Completely change chrome:// url to vivaldi://, and not supporting chrome://.
Opera: Both supports chrome:// and opera://
Yandex: Both supports chrome:// and browser://

We used to support both chrome:// and dragon:// in version 36. However we decided to postpone this functionality considering other browsers’ behaviors. We planned integrate this functionality in next releases, but I have to admit that it’s not a priority compared to other features.

Regards.

Files are not digitally signed by Comodo and seems unknown on Comodo Cloud, all sandboxed ;D
CIS even do not allow its brothers :-TU 8)

Perhaps Comodo doesn’t sign their beta browsers for some reason? If I remember correctly this was an issue with another beta as well, but my memory is terrible.

The first post mentions that it is not signed.

“This version isn’t intended for mass distribution, just a preview for you and as a result is not signed with a production certificate and will show an unknown publisher warning.”

Ditto, about the Orb.

[at] Shane

Just wondering is the following still on the roadmap ?

https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cd/comodo-chromium-secure-361-is-now-available-for-download-t107127.0.html;msg779373#msg779373

:slight_smile: Corrected the link ^^

Hey, thanks for reviving the sleeping Dragon! Just reinstalled it.

Recently it was far too behind current Chromium/Chrome release level to keep using. Now it’s back! Happy dance. :-TU

I don’t at all mind that it’s nowadays a little closer-to-Chrome than it was before. Things like having the PDF capability built-in, and a more familiar layout, make it more likely I can recommend it to less-technical friends and readers again. But I would like to cast another vote for Bring Back The Eye Of The Dragon!

Hi SoCruz,
You are not alone. :wink:
Please return the menu orb button to the top left corner.

Kind regards.

Hi w33d3r,
As long as the messages are enabled by default, otherwise some users will wonder why page content is missing.

Kind regards.

please fix werbrtc leak and dns leak too…slimjet can disable it…why can’t Chromodo?