Comodo Dragon 43 is now available for download.

I installed VLC but there is no plugin in my Dragon from VLC?

Hi w33d3r,
Is this topic about whether or not Flash is safe to use?
We all know your views on Flash, now enough already and please lets get back on topic.

Thank you.

For anyone requiring alternatives to Flash please created a dedicated topic in the general discussion section.

Thank you.

So long as you got it from here http://www.videolan.org/
The installer gives options for Web Plugins, if you expand that and tick the ActiveX plugin, thats it done.
It does not show as a plugin, but I know from when I started using it works …
Or maybe these days it doesnt - The recent changes to stop anything but NPAPI in chrome might be preventing it now :

But as I said, I dont use anything to replace flash these days, videos just work without it.

You know you also have the plugin that Comodo provides to grab video and download it - Media Downloader - Then VLC would be able to play the downloaded file

( See screenshot below )

Edit : Sorry Captain, just answering questions and trying to be helpful - Wish someone could answer my questions reference Comodo Secure DNS, but so far getting no responses anywhere on that score. Aswell as Smartodo confirming the problem, another user in the Secure DNS help topic has also confirmed it is a problem.

The problem applies both here and in the Secure DNS topic, because it affects you if you use the Comodo Dragon setting for Secure DNS - AND also if you use it via the windows IPV4 Properties setting for Primary and Secondary DNS

Either of those stops the internet working.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yep I agree I have helped to take this off topic somewhat and apologise - I will cease. Hopefully one day Comodo Dragon will stop reminding me on a daily basis about Flash’s existance as it has done for the last 4 years

Thank you for responding to my earlier questions reference Secure DNS in this topic - Anyone else wondering about its failure please report your problems there also ( even though it may be Dragons settings for Secure DNS or just Secure DNS server related if you use it via windows settings which may be different … Relative questions have been asked there also ).

I also cannot download the file. I’ve tried via the Comodo update in the menu, and via the web links here, and in other browsers. They all fail right at the very end except the direct link does nothing at all (‘no data received’).

Any idea what is going on?

Try downloading the CD installer with a different browser, like IE, Chrome or FX. Then install CD.

Clear browser history/cookies and click “free download”: Best Internet Browser 2022 | Free Secure Web Browser
Works here fine.

With Comodo Dragon Portable, you don’t need to install flash. Just create a directory with the name of the flash version. Example: 18.0.0.209. And copy 2 files manifest.json, pepflashplayer.dll to it.

Path example: C:\Comodo\Dragon\User Data\PepperFlash\18.0.0.209

I’m guessing we’ll have to wait a bit for CD to come to W10?

Hi 17,
Is the current CD not functioning on Win 10?

Thanks.

:o I thought we might have to wait for CD to be “ready” for W10 or w/e. Guess I’ll install it now then.

Dragon is running on Win 10. :-TU

Thanks for letting us know Ege. :-TU

What do you guys think about having a left and right eye like 1 icon for comodo dragon and the other icon for virtual comodo dragon. I uploaded a pic for this purpose

Hi jay2007tech,
That is a good idea, same for Chromodo as well. :-TU

Kind regards.

Just upgraded to Windows 10 x64, and I noticed something strange with Dragon. It is flooding event viewer with dragon.exe crashes during browsing - an “APPCRASH” event every second, but the browser seems to be working fine. Anyone else noticed this?

Hi AdamW,
Your issue sounds the same as the issue in the link below which I have notified the Developers about.
Chromodo and Dragon crashes all time in windows 10

Kind regards.

It is the same bug indeed. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Any way we can dl YT videos at higher quality? The media downloader only goes up to 720p for me. And the video is in 4k.

I am running portable Chromodo & I am too getting this error on my Win 10 64 system. The browser itself works fine though.