Comodo DNS Facts and Myths

;D Welcome to the DNS world.

DNS - the are soooo many you get realy confiuse witch one to choose.

DNS - the are soo manny opinion about , you read them & you get more confiused.

The story about DNS is sharp & is even biger then the story about security systems.

Witch one is the best - witch one is right for you ?

Is it the DNS witch is closer to you place ? maybe the one that people talk about most ?

* the answer is ,the best one is the one witch work safe & propper for you *

1 DNS does not speed or slow you internet conection.
2 DNS realy does not afect you conection no matter where is from. Can be the closest to you doorsteps or even one from the another end of the world.

;D click on the web page -you local news paper ,then click if you are in the UK on a web page from the USA. Is there any diference in downloading the web pages?

No you cant recognize any. Why ?

Because the PING -the time started - you send a request to a web adress and the respond is mostly about 10 to 50 miliseconds. Its mean its take 1/3 of one second to make the way.

You think - im living in the USA also the best DNS will be one from the USA - because a quicker respond !

Fals again ? Why ? because you have to notice that even you local tv or online service are using a server from the UK or Germany . Yes They do it ! the reasons can be ;
1 the cost of using a server
2 the security
and other factors.

You are seating at home i Miami & you think ,you are clever because ,you are using the local DNS to browse the web. But you did not notice that you local online service use a server in the UK or France. :stuck_out_tongue:

You clikck a web adress and you are redirected true all the world . You will never notice that ,because its happened in a time witch is 1/3 of one second .

The time is not a factor in this case. But the time matters in the security sector of a DNS.

All DNS service provider have a library of malware and wiruses & every one have the availability to recognize the -beasts- in a particular period of time.
But all that happened again in a period of miliseconds. 1/100 to 1/10 of a second .

Its the one with the quickest time to recognice the infected www. the better one ?
Not nessesary - often that quickness causes problems and can even drive you mad :stuck_out_tongue:
If the DNS did it to quick ,its mean start to redirect you just after recognising only part of the www. you clicked ,often mistakenly send you to a wrong www. That sort of DNS are especialy easy target for hackers .

Open DNS witch have used for a period of time ,because have read so many good opinion about was the one I switched too from Comodo DNS after reading here on the forum many bad opinion about.

Open DNS let me down , and only the brave Comodo Dragon with his secure dns rescued me from a mistake made by Open DNS.

Once again - witch one to choose 88)

If you care about safety choose-Comodo DNS .

There is the reason Why

First read the story here https://forums.comodo.com/help-cd/help-please-comodo-dragon-under-attack-t90963.0.html;msg655777#msg655777

Now to be Fair :-TU independent opinion & test from the best know wise man according DNS .

DNS Benchmark Test - results have run the test 25 times - to make me a clear picture of .

See the screanshots below. The last one shows Comodo DNS presence in the world we living now ;D

Comodo DNS at test . Showing that Comdo DNS is one of the best,quickest and secure one :rocks:

The lucky numbers are

[attachment deleted by admin]

Just a couple of points.

1. The time it takes a web page to load has very little to do with ping times, you also have to consider:

DNS lookup
Connection setup
SSL negotiation - if needed
Content download
Rendering time
etc.

1. The only time a local DNS server routes a DNS query to a more authoritative DNS server, is when it cannot supply the answer from it’s own cache. The most authoritative servers are the root servers, which all other DNS services use.
  2. I have serious doubts that OpenDNS (or any other anycast DNS provider) would reroute requests for Hotmail. Have you spoken to OpenDNS support?
  3. Anycast DNS is fine for those who live geographically close to a node -

I don’t, the nearest is 5400 Km away at the end of a +500ms latency route. In fact with all anycast providers, my queries get routed to the UK, which is 8500Km away but the latency is only 220ms -

• and who, for whatever reason, are dissatisfied with their ISPs DNS performance, be it security, reliability or other personal reasons. You’ll also find those, like me, where using a third-party DNS provider breaks local services offered by their ISP (I actually use a custom dnsmasq in my router to counter this problem)

Apart from that, the information will be useful for others considering a switch. One final suggestion, use namebench in addition to DNSBench and perform at least 1000 queries.

Thanks for reply :-TU

You are propably far more advance in the DNS story & you have more knowledge .
Thats only my personal experience .

Not Idid not contact Open DNS -why?

Because i know if there is something wrong They will be looking for a conclusion to blame everything but not them self.

Mod edit: Off topic comments removed and kept for reference. Eric

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pishing on you komputer ???

Have look ( the post above) the first screanshot - the e - mail one ( blue )

Before answering such scam , check the IP of the sender & the sender real name plus the place where it is send from to you.

How to check it ?

close to the arrow in the upper right corner ( below the date ) you will see a part with the name -more- and select Show original or sometimes you have to choose Show raw Message.

The resulting window will have the email header data in plain text.

That the one from the scam mail from the screanshot in above post.

You have to read it & check from the bottom to the top .

Return-Path: <online[at]microsoft.com>
Received: from compute5.internal (compute5.nyi.mail.srv.osa [10.202.2.45])
by sloti26d3p2 (Cyrus git2.5+0-git-fastmail-8782) with LMTPA;
Sun, 27 Jan 2013 15:43:38 -0500
X-Sieve: CMU Sieve 2.4
X-Spam-charsets: html=‘Windows-1251’
X-Resolved-to: costerin[at]operamail.com
X-Delivered-to: costerin[at]operamail.com
X-Mail-from: online[at]microsoft.com
Received: from mx2.nyi.mail.srv.osa ([10.202.2.201])
by compute5.internal (LMTPProxy); Sun, 27 Jan 2013 15:43:38 -0500
Received: from talha.yourownwebserver.com (142-4-11-199.unifiedlayer.com [142.4.11.199])
(using TLSv1 with cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits))
(No client certificate requested)
by mx2.messagingengine.com (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 90CB1F8011B
for <costerin[at]operamail.com>; Sun, 27 Jan 2013 15:43:38 -0500 (EST)
Received: from 93-63-158-43.ip28.fastwebnet.it ([93.63.158.43]:1793 helo=agiliate)
by talha.yourownwebserver.com with esmtpa (Exim 4.80)
(envelope-from <online[at]microsoft.com>)
id 1TzZ4P-0006gv-RQ; Mon, 28 Jan 2013 01:43:18 +0500
Subject: Security Email Alert
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 21:41:38 +0100
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html;
charset=“Windows-1251”
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - talha.yourownwebserver.com
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - operamail.com
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [47 12] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - microsoft.com
X-Get-Message-Sender-Via: talha.yourownwebserver.com: authenticated_id: agiliate/only user confirmed/virtual account not confirmed
X-Source:
X-Source-Args:
X-Source-Dir:
X-Truedomain: NotChecked
Message-ID: <cmu-lmtpd-9893-1359319418-1[at]sloti26d3p2>

Dear User,

Due to a new vulnerability which is exploited by hackers to steal your online details. Microsoft Digital Crimes Unit in 2013 has hereby developed a new security measure. All users of the Internet and Microsoft products are hereby required to validate there email account information irregardless of their Internet service provider or Host company.

To validate your email account and to prevent hackers from exploiting the new vulnerability. Please click on the validation link below and supplied the required information.

Validation Link.

Please note that if your email is not validated, your email will be deleted to avoid hackers getting into your personal or business email account there by getting access to classified or privileged information.

2013 Microsoft Digital Crimes Unit

There you have the sender IP ,name ,the country it is send from .
Will you find some of those email abusiv ,just copy and send to the police.

But never answer or reply .

Nice expalnation you can find also here http://www.howtogeek.com/108205/htg-explains-what-can-you-find-in-an-email-header/

It’s good that you’re experimenting.

Not Idid not contact Open DNS -why?

Because i know if there is something wrong They will be looking for a conclusion to blame everything but not them self.

To be quite honest, I find that a pretty naive.

Please have look on the screanshots below .

I know Im under a kacker attack & that did not stop .

The first screashots is from my e-mail .

Have clicked the link attached and Comodo dragon shows the worning ( second screanshot)

Why would you click on a link on what is a fairly obvious fake email. At the very least you should have checked the source of the message, assuming it’s possible to do that in Fastmail? Also, just because you received a fake email, doesn’t make you “under attack”. If I showed you the spam mail from by junk account, you’d find lots of very similar emails.

Another site Im recieving emails & priviate messages on Comodo forum account in russian language.

Scaring me to make any coments or publication about Kasperskylab.

a example here below :-\

***“The”? heheh! А та (м) и не должно быть адреса мыла. Только неопытные новички или полные идиоты помещают такое в profile или открыто “печатают” такие веСЩЧи :slight_smile: into public forums

Thanks ***

*** “mont”? “yhan”?
“Это ещё что за, едрёна копоть, ахинея такая?”
Или “по-руского” не забывайте гутарить , или аглицкий доучите, батенька. ***

One of the masage is sent to me from a Comodo Forum account . Have reported & asked for help the mods ,but till now there is not a reaction.

I dont know how to stop the abuse :-\ Maybe you can help.х.х.

If you’re receiving unwanted messages from other forum members, the Mods will need to deal with it.

[b]The first russian message is saying that Im a full idiot ,posting my e- mail address public[/b]. :-\ and something more .

You won’t get a very good translation using something like Google because it’s slang. Neither message is terrible bad, but I’ll leave this to the Mods.

Pishing on you komputer...Snip
...Snip There you have the sender IP ,name ,the country it is send from . Will you find some of those email abusiv ,just copy and send to the police.

Personally, I’d call it annoying, rather than abusive but we all judge things differently.

Thanks Radaghast,
Some of the above issues are currently being looked at and reviewed by the Moderators.

To everyone, Due to some issues mentioned above I have locked this topic until further notice. If for any reason you do not agree, please PM an active Moderator. Thanks.