COMODO Disk Encryption 1.2.65021.129 BUG Reports

Hello,

Please post all bug reports regarding CDE 1.2.65021.129 here.

Please include in your report:

• Your Operating System (And Whether if it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Security Software Installed;
  • How did you produced the problem;
  • How did you TRIED to resolve the problem;
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • Screen-shots of the problem (if any);
  • Any other Additional Information you might have;

Installing CDE gives BSOD:

STOP 0x0000007E (0x80000003, 0x80526D9C, 0xF7A66C0C, 0xF7A66908).

Booting in safe-mode gives the same BSOD, need to use “last known good” suggesting this is a driver related crash…

OS, Windows XP SP2 Professional, x32.
Other Software, Comodo Backup 2.0.7.69, Winpatrol 15.5.2008.0, Norton Ghost

System does not generate a mini/kernel/full memory dump I’ll see if i can add that later.

Edit:
Reproduced this on 2 systems, first install COMODO Backup 2.0.7.69 BETA, reboot.
Now install CDE 1.2.x.129, reboot → BSOD

Reboot with /SOS shows the system is loading bdisk.sys (CB driver) and just after that it BSOD’s.

Uninstalling CB 2.x beta resolves the issue.

Workaround:
First install CDE reboot and then install CB that way there is no BSOD !?

I keep getting BSOD’s when transfering files to/from an virtual disk. Also when i have CDE installed i kept getting BSOD’s when transferring files to and from my truecrypt encrypted volume, which i thought was strange. But once i uninstalled CDE the BSOD’s stopped.

I am running vista basic 64bit
CIS 3.10

I produced the problem by copying a couple gigs of files from my truecrypt volume to my CDE virtual disk. Transferring unencrypted files between my unencrypted partitions works fine its just when using files encrypted with CDE or Truecrypt.

cheers

I dont know why you guys keep pushing this CDE with all the Forum complaints.I have lost my 300GB hard drive data to this CDE and when I tested my spare 40GB USB drive I got the same results, not accessable after the reboot and password entry, and dont say forgot my passwords, (in a matter of 2 minutes), My open tkt has still to be answered, a month later, all I got was “our team is looking at it” Right, 2012 will come first.
its unfortunate, because all your other products are great.I have now lost 2 yrs of data from my USB drive :frowning:

I’m sorry to hear about your issue. I personally think CDE is a great product. I just can’t help but believe that your issue is hardly the fault of Comodo.

People seem to forget the last but definitely not the least important component of the CIA Triad (Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability) before making potentially problematic or destructive changes.

First, and I cannot stress this enough, BACK UP YOUR DATA!!! It may be time consuming, however, you’ll thank yourself when you run into this problem again. If your 2 years worth of data was that important, it would have been worth the time and money spent on backing up to an external hard drive. Comodo even makes special software to simplify the process (Comodo Backup).

Second, always test the software. I recommend setting up a virtual machine as a testing environment. You could buy VMware, or if you don’t want to spend the money, download VirtualBox from the Sun website.

There’s probably not much you can do about it at this point except chuck it up to experience. I’m sure that next time you’ll do things differently.

Version 1.2.114847.152

Experienced same problem.
Installed CDE per instructions.
Encrypt Drive J: (Maxtor 3200 USB)
Use only Key, No Password. Key saved on Thumb drive L:
Verified encryption functioning properly.
Removed Thumb drive uisng MS USB add Remove.
Shut down Win XP and power off
Wait five minutes
Power on computer without Thumb drive installed
After Win loads, go to my computer. Drive J; is visable.
Attempt to access Drive J: receive Message drive is not formated, do you want to format. (Not totally unexpected)
Open CDE
Drive J: is not shown in list of Drives
Error message at bottom of display " There is a problem with the encryption subsystem."
Insert Thumb drive, no change
Shut down windows and power offWait thirty seconds, power on (Thumb drive is in USB slot)
Windows loads, Drive J: is visable in My Computer
CDE does not recognize drive J: nor thumb drive
Explore thumb drive, receive message drive needs to be formated.

Based on previous posts and my experience there is a problem with this release.

Any suggestion on how to recover both Thumb drive and external hard drive. HAve attempted to format, and format fails.

Walt.