COMODO Disk Encryption 1.2.57944.110 Release Candidate 2! [locked]

Hello,

With this RC2 version we are one step closer to final release.

What was fixed?

• BSOD which appears on some hardware after plugging in two or more USB sticks at the same time.
  • Optimizations in encryption subsystem;
  • Some GUI issues such as: context menu shortcuts shortcuts, typos, incorrect window titles.

Known Issues

• Inconsistency in calculating time for this scenario - > Encrypt the OS drive by enabling the “Ignore Free Disk Space”. Estimated time displayed at the bottom of the window during encryption process it will be shorter;
  • After Logging Off and Log On in Windows, the Virtual Drives are unmounted.

Bug Reports:

Please use https://forums.comodo.com/ to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the developers.

NOTICE: This product is intended for special users(BETA Testers) who would like to join the testing process. It may contain major bugs that could cause serious problems and not be suitable for your everyday use yet. Please do not use it in your production machines.

Download Locations:

Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 2003 Server 32-bit/64-bit, Windows XP SP3 32-bit/64-bit and Windows 2000 SP4:

URL: http://download.comodo.com/cde/download/setups/CDE_SETUP_1.2.57944.110_2k_XP_Vista_Server2003_x32_x64_RC2.msi
Size: 4.17 MB (4,376,576 bytes)
MD5: BA2A2699622A9C31F57DABC75715824B
SHA1: 3B22D73EF0DE7774ED1CE7F19C177BC93F42D1F9

Good Work Comodo Once Again Another Good Update

CG

Cangrats on the RC2 guys!

Cheers,
Josh

Good work guys!

Melih

Some of my findings,

The cursor is blinking below the text “Enter the password:” at boot.

Maybe it’s an idea to display let’s say *** per typed password char ? so the user can see he’s typing something.

Screenshot 1: i think that should read, Encryption Settings twice.
Also “Here you can choose the drive’s encryption properties”

Screenshot 2: Choose the drive type.

Screenshot 3: Some small GUI diffs between CDE and CDS.

Screenshot 4: Mount existing drive, Please choose the location…

I’d make the “mount” screen ask all info in one screen (location, password, drive letter and RO) because this takes to many screens to complete and if you fail the correct password you have to start all over again.

The drive list box has all lower case drive letters, if you try to change a “normal” windows drive letter windows uses Upper case letters maybe you could change that to have the same “feeling”.

If you minimize(exit) to tray and you start the application again with the desktop icon it won’t show the GUI maybe you can pull up the gui from the tray in this case ?

Is there a plan to build in an option for a “bootable rescue solution” to decrypt in case of bootfailure ?
Truecrypt uses a bootable cd build at drive encryption, this for me would be a show stopper to install this on production machines if there is no way to recover from this.

For the rest it’s a great app, i’ll try to benchmark some stuff between CDE and Truecrypt if i’m back at work.

Good work and looking forward to comments and the Final ? version.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Any Updates?

We are going to release the first version.

lol good to hear. when?

Topic locked,

the new version is out. You can see the message over here : https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_disk_encryption/fyi_comodo_disk_encryption_1265015123_released-t36025.0.html

Comodo Disk Encrytion website : Endpoint Detection and Response, Free - What is EDR Security?

Thanks,

Xan