COMODO Disk Encryption 1.2.46.58 BETA Released!

Hello,

We have updated the BETA version! You asked for it, we’ve listened, so now download it and try the new features.

What is new?

• User password authentication type;
  • USB key authentication type;
  • Two factor authentication;
  • Encryption engine optimizations for multi core and single core processors;
  • No multi-boot restrictions : now with beta 2 it is possible to encrypt different OS partitions with different encryption algorithms;
  • Customized prompt message for boot time password (if the user password authentication type is used);
  • The USB key is required at the beginning of encryption process, it is not necessary to keep the USB key plugged in during encryption process;
  • The encryption key is not stored in RAM;
  • Supported operating systems: Windows Server 2003 x86, Windows Server 2003 x64.

What is changed?

• Key Tools was removed to avoid user confusion;
  • USB FAT formatted drive causing booting problems was fixed;
  • OTF(on-the-fly) mounting / unmounting encrypted partitions (no restart required anymore);
  • Removed system start-up beep;

Known Issues:

Bug Reports:

Please use https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_disk_encryption/comodo_disk_encryption_124658_beta_bug_reports-t26769.0.html to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

BETA NOTICE: This product is intended for special users(BETA Testers) who would like to join the testing process. It may contain major bugs tht could cause serious problems and not be suitable for your everyday use yet. Please do not use it in your production machines.

Download Locations:

Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 2003 Server 32-bit/64-bit, Windows XP SP3 32-bit/64-bit and Windows 2000 SP4:

URL: http://download.comodo.com/cde/download/setups/beta/CDE_Setup_1.2.46.58_2k_XP_Vista_Server2003_x32_x64.msi
Size: 4.13 MB (4,129,280 bytes)
MD5: 64519CDC66375F483C86ADB29E45BBFC
SHA1: 4161182BAA30786B5CA3659AA5F01449FE844FE3

Downloaded and replaced…
Works Swell

BUT one small thing…

once the user tries to encrypt the "x:" drive and at the last minute decides to cancel…
BSOD Appears…

CG

Excellent :■■■■ :BNC :■■■■ :BNC :■■■■ :BNC :■■■■
(:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP)

Please follow the guide on how to upgrade!

I did,

I’m trying this on a virtual machine…
and this is how you can reproduce the problem

Start up CDE > Right click C:\ > Encrypt > Enter the desired info… > at the last window click the red X button and BSOD Will appear

:slight_smile:

CG

Voila, the long awaited one ;D. Great job development team :■■■■

Xan

Stay assured we will verify this, but please post it on BUG section.

My expiriences…
Very slow shutdown after install.
Run as Administrator is not preset on the Vista Shortcut.

For the rest great work on this new release :BNC

Great job guys!!!

I tried it but it didn’t happen.

Great piece of work! (R)

Thanks Team!! Great job!

Can you reproduce this again?
please attach the memory dump file…

Hi Guys,

I created a new Bug Report Thread here:

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_disk_encryption/comodo_disk_encryption_124658_beta_bug_reports-t26769.0.html

Josh.

It doesn’t happen again i don’t know why…
No i don’t have a dump file…

CG

Maybe someone could answer a few questions about CDE Beta:

1. I have encrypted my primary patrition with password protection. After encryption the machine’s boot time increased, and the Operating System is loading slower . Is this normal?

2. If I’ll decide to encrypt the second, logical partition, it will use the same password at boot time as the primary partition, wich is encrypted already? Or, to be more exact, can I encrypt two partitions and use the same password, even if the encryption protocols are different (like on C:\ I use SHA256 with AES, and on D:\ I’ll use MD5 and Serpent)
    ???

1. It is normal that the machine’s boot time increased, depending on the encryption algorithm you chosed.

2. If you decide to encrypt a second partition it will use the same password. You cannot encrypt on a computer, 2 partitions with two distinct passwords or authentication types. But you can change hash and encryption algorithms.

Just a minor detail:

The installer defaults to:
c:\program files\comodo\Comodo Disk Encryption - BETA

All other Comodo products install like this:
c:\program files\comodo\Disk Encryption