Comodo didn't protected me

Hi,
I want report here (or ask to moderator to move to the right topic) a situation where comodo didn’t protected me to browser manomission.

I have downloaded the program here JDownloader.org - Official Homepage for Windows.
Installed and this setup has edited all my browser homepage.
Also if i put back again my home page continue to open the page inserted by this software.

In thic case Comodo doesn’t protected me from browser modification and should do.
This topic is for your tester who want improve comodo.

This is famous program used by different people so i think is not good balcklist but maybe comodo should block the setup to edit browser setting by alert the user and ask for deny or alow browser modification.

Finded, the malware installed is called istartsurf and comodo didn’t know it.
This program edit all browser to change homepage.

[attachment deleted by admin]

It is JDownloader and its installers bundled with adwares :-TD
Please watch out the installers… Use your common sense and improve your security practises.
There is no 100% protection from security softwares even superior Comodo.
So you should user AdwCleaner to clean your browsers, and make a scan with Malwarebytes Free version which is very good at adware detection.

We could not make Comodo a complete program who also do the work of AntiMalware as Malwerbytes and AdwCleaner? :smiley:

Hi peopleinside,
Did you have ‘Detect potentially unwanted applications’ enabled in the file rating settings?
File Rating Settings-Comodo Help

Thanks.

Hi,
yes is checked.

Comodo is the most complete suite on the market believe me, but as the all security softwares Comodo has weaknesess.
Comodo has whitelisted adware digital signatures in TVL. Anyway, they do not fixed for years and they won’t.
The softwares ,that I suggest you, are better about detection wise. Comodo’s aim is not detection, their aim is preventing the clean system but default Comodo settings are very weak.

Hi yigido,
you say “Comodo has whitelisted adware digital signatures in TVL” so you are saing comodo whitliste bad adware? Why?
And what is TVL?

Also i can’t understand when you say:
“Comodo’s aim is not detection, their aim is preventing the clean system but default Comodo settings are very weak.”

If default comodo settings are very weak so Comodo has to improve it and make the best settings as default for protect PC.
Thank you for your reply at this topic.
Have a great time!

Comodo added them when they were good. But these vendors now behaving adware like softwares or installers of these vendors are containing adware. This is why this problem appear.
Does Comodo check the TVL vendors against these kind of behaviors? I do not know but Comodo needs to check these vendors often.

Yes the default Internet Security Configuration are weak for me. The Proactive Security Configuration is way better than others.
But at this time, novice users are having problem with “extra security”. :smiley: Yes they are having trouble with it. Because Comodo behaving like a real security software and people are not accustomed to using it. The novice users like software which is no popups, no alerts, %100 detections etc. I hope you got my point on that. :wink:
Comodo needs to keep this weak config to keep current user base.

:-TU Understood.
Can be a good idea, maybe create for example two profile.
When user start an install of comodo comodo ask for the level of protection: Standard, basic settings for a weak security and Excellent protection who maybe required more work to the user.

Something like the picture Attached.
;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yes your screenshot explains very good basics. Please create a wish for this. I like the idea :-TU

After your wish, PM me about it, it will get my +1

It makes no sense to write desire, my desire developers have ignored the third month, even if someone that either wrote, nobody cares!

Hi alex cold,
The Developers obviously can’t implement everyone’s wish, if a wish receives enough public interest it will then be considered by the Developers.

Kind regards.

Then disable the Trusted Vendor List. I have.

But at this time, novice users are having problem with "extra security". :D Yes they are having trouble with it. Because Comodo behaving like a real security software and people are not accustomed to using it. The novice users like software which is no popups, no alerts, %100 detections etc. I hope you got my point on that. ;) Comodo needs to keep this weak config to keep current user base.

There is no such thing as a free lunch. If you want excellent security then you must expect, initially at least, to have to train your security system because all systems are different with different apps, different hardware, different configs. Excellent security out of the box does not (and cannot IMO) exist. COMODO tried to offer a balance, good security with minimal user intervention, but if you want top-level security you have to have alerts and popups so that you an tell the security product what to do in your particular system.

How to understand “enough public interest”, it has voted 8 people, but apparently that is not enough, how many votes you need to add this option, or how to attract developers that they answered me to this topic at the moment they ignore!
P.S.: Topic (Read 251 times) and that at least 200 people, come on let’s not exaggerate, 100 people, that is not enough for the developers?

Developers will rarely respond to wishes or bugs. It simply is how it is.

Also we don’t like cross posting your frustration in other people’s topics. It will not bring what you want and it only leads other topics astray.

Already posted in reply 12.
Also a large number of views with a little number of votes can only mean one thing, lack of interest by other users.

Apologies to the opening poster (peopleinside) for this off topic discussion.
Now to show respect to the OPer we best get back on topic.

Thank you.