Comodo CWAF cPanel plugin broken howto fix it ?

Hi People,

The comodo CWAF cPanel plugin is not working completely i mean in the main tab there is some stuff that is left blank and the wizard whas not working there was an error trying to restart apache not a disaster but i hate half work so i took the time to dig through the source code here is what i found.

issue cause : Comodo is using outdated perl code this cPanel perl module Cpanel::AdvConfig::apache was removed ages ago as you can see here Fixed case CPANEL-28581: Remove the apache conf distiller system so how can we fix it ? it is possible but you have to feel comfortable digging through perl code.

First you have to add code to addon_swaf.cgi so you get a more helpfull error message then “internal server error” or worse no error message just a blank page.Todo this ssh to your server and goto this directory /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi open addon_cwaf.cgi find this code

use CGI qw/:standard/;

below that add

use diagnostics;
use CGI::Carp qw(warningsToBrowser fatalsToBrowsr);

that’s it remember to remove that two lines of code when you are done as it poses a security risk it reveals real server paths next step goto this directory to check if your cPanel/whm installation has the required stuff to make the CWAF plugin work again /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ConfigFiles/Apache in this directory should be several files but check if Config.pm and Syntax.pm are there if they are all good …

nows goto this directory /var/cpanel/cwaf/modules/CPAN/lib/Comodo/CWAF and open Cpanel.pm find this code

#use Cpanel::AdvConfig::apache;

underneath add this

use Cpanel::ConfigFiles::Apache::Syntax;
use Cpanel::ConfigFiles::Apache::Config;

find

sub cp_get_aliases($) {
    #eval { require Cpanel::AdvConfig::apache; } or return 0;
    #more blocks of code 
      #my $apache_conf = Cpanel::AdvConfig::apache::get_config(); 
}

first place a pound sign # infront of the my $apache_conf variable and the eval statement so perl ignores that lines next replace it with

eval { require Cpanel::ConfigFiles::Apache::Config; } or return 0;
   my $apache_conf = Cpanel::ConfigFiles::Apache::Config::get_config_with_all_vhosts();

next find this code

sub get_apache_data($) {

and replace the lines just like in the previous step

eval { require Cpanel::ConfigFiles::Apache::Config; } or return 0;
  $apache_conf = Cpanel::ConfigFiles::Apache::Config::get_config_with_all_vhosts();

next find this function sub create_vhost_include_user($$$;$) { and carefull look if the $path variable actually points to the correct path?

finally find this code

sub check_apache_syntax()  {

replace the eval line and the @var with this code put a # infront of the old lines so you can easly revert in case things go wrong.

eval { require Cpanel::ConfigFiles::Apache::Syntax; } or return 0;
   @var = Cpanel::ConfigFiles::Apache::Syntax::check_syntax();

save the changes and it should work.A word of disclaimer i am not responsibe if you try and use this “workaround” and bad things happen to your server like a crash for example also all the rights on CWAF belong to comodo all i did whas make it work that’s all.

Hi rscalover,
thank you for the recipe, it forwarded to developers.
Please provide Cpanel version you are using.

Hello,

I am using cPanel /whm version 11.92.0.5

cat /usr/local/cpanel/version