COMODO Cloud Scanner 1.0.135930.9 Public Release !!!

We are happy to announce that COMODO Cloud Scanner 1.0.135930.9 Public Release is available for download.

What’s new:

• Update applications and modules scanned in Registry Errors, Privacy Issues and Junk Files section according with latest database
  • Update application which daily search for new applications updates for Privacy Issues and Junk Files
  • Registry Errors, Privacy Issues and Junk Files show scan results of default options of applications and modules found on PC

What’s fixed:

• Difference of scanning results between Comodo Cloud Scanner and Comodo System Cleaner
  • Small GUI issues

Known Issues:

• Rarely CCS crashes when scanning and closing the application before completing
  • Small GUI issues

Bug Reports:

Please use Comodo Forum to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

Download Locations:

Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit:

http://download.comodo.com/ccs/download/setups/CCS_SETUP_1.0.135930.9_xp_vista_server2003_win7.exe

Size: 11,3 MB (11.943.288 bytes)
MD5: 10e0b8f5b28040b48d2e3da79a3b11ab
SHA1: efa8428cc439907cc905db8066724cf27804c645

Portable version for Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows XP 32-bit, Windows 7 32-bit

http://download.comodo.com/ccs/download/setups/CCS_SETUP_1.0.135930.9_xp_vista_server2003_win7_32bit.zip

Size: 9,08 MB (9.528.148 bytes)
MD5: 2eb6582e2719b78f22bce68a870e7a12
SHA1: 5c020b46c062513808cadf6b2f6da9391c9b34ba

Portable version for Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit

http://download.comodo.com/ccs/download/setups/CCS_SETUP_1.0.135930.9_xp_vista_server2003_win7_64bit.zip

Size: 9,47 MB (9.933.796 bytes)
MD5: c421fdb4172c7b04a6809dc528bc7645
SHA1: cea5add1897e466d8ab28304723abf1f2fbd2c9f

Thanks Adrian,

Up for an other round of testing :-TU

Question:

On Windows 7 CCS forces to elevate to “Run as Administrator” it seems to scan for malware on all processes regardless of why started them but;

Privacy Issues
Registry Errors
Junk files

These Scan in some user context like HKCU and %UserProfile% this will cause Privacy Issues and Junk for the Administrator but not for the current user…

Shouldn’t that part scan in the “Current” user instead of the elevated user, elevation should only be used to access “elevated” parts of the OS right?

Congratulations with the new release.(:CLP)

I let it scan and it found 100 suspicious. I didn’t check them all but it looks like they are all related to the ATI Catalyst Control Center (for ATI based graphics adapters). Submitting one hundred files is a lot of work. Is there another way of notifying Comodo about this?

Hi

Thanks for the update. Look like my small GUI issues are fixed now :-TU.

Btw, when are you planning to add vulnerability scanning to CCS?

:slight_smile:

Hello,

If run Comodo Cloud Scanner without administrator rights, will find privacy issues and junk files for current user. If run with administrator rights will find all privacy issues, junk files and registry errors common for all users.

Hello,

For 2nd version of Comodo Cloud Scanner.

Hi Adrian

Are you able to give a “rough” date when CCS2 (beta or public release) may appear?

Well CCS Forces a UAC prompt on Win7 so “normal user expectation” here will be “oh i have to click Yes or enter my password to continue”…
Once it’s elevated it could scan all user profiles for example?

Should the user decide not no elevate is there any chance of loss of detection features because it’s not run elevated?

Hello,

It cannot be scanned all user profiles because only private and junk data for current user must be shown.

If not run with elevated rights there is lost detection for locations which are available only by administrator accounts and create privacy or junk data common for all users.

Can you please check your forums supplied email?

Sweet, I’m going to play with this in a day or two (:CLP)

Oh fantastic! A portable version! Keep 'em coming! :slight_smile:

Any idea when we can expect the next version?

this month fingers crossed…

Melih

Will this be CCS2? If so, are you able mention any new features?

Ask the mods:)

yes there will be a new CCS, with a new UI and better scanning. That is all I know for the time being.

Hopefully the connection with the servers will be better as well.

I’m not sure that this is the problem, but half the time I run a scan with CCS it doesn’t find any unknown files, but the next day it will. (By the way these are all related to the ATI file MOM.exe) Hint Hint
;D