COMODO Cloud Scanner 1.0.135930.9 Public Release BUG REPORTS

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • Any other Additional Information;
  • Windows 7, 32bit, Enterprise
  • CIS 4.0, MSE(on demand).
  • Start CCS and Block network access via CIS firewall, should result in some sort of “Can’t connect to Cloud Servers/Services” error message.
  • CCS Portable

[b]AppCrash:[/b] Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: CloudScanner.exe Application Version: 1.0.57937.1 Application Timestamp: 4b9798c8 Fault Module Name: RegistryErrors.dll Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.1 Fault Module Timestamp: 4b9648cb Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0001a710 OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.4 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 0a9e Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 Additional Information 3: 0a9e Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Update:
A second attempt did not crash, scan finished without crashing.

However i still blocked all network access and don’t get any visual indicator that the Cloud isn’t reachable.
Can you guy’s please build some form of service check that verifies the Cloud is available.
Now one could think it has no malware infection while in reality the network connection wasn’t available!!

Get different results when scanning with the latest CSC v.s. CCS on Privacy Cleaner. (Registry error’s = 361 v.s. 361 :-TU)

• Windows 7, 32bit, Enterprise
  • CIS 4.0, MSE(on demand).
  • Run CSC v.s. CCS and compare “Privacy Applications + Windows” v.s. “Privacy Issues”
  • CCS Portable

CSC Privacy reports Application 332 + Windows 252 = 584
CCS Privacy reports 582

Hello,

The difference can be caused by ini files, which are present in CSC and not in CCS, because CSC clean the content of the file, and it appear many times in CSC with different section to clean.

Window 7 32bit
    CIS version 4 (newest one) Avira Premium
  1. run the program
    2)while it’s scanning, "The comodo malware and suspicious file scanner gets stuck at 7%
    The file that gets stuck is called AVWEBGRD.EXE (From avira premium version 9)
    Disabling Avira WebGuard (a.k.a. online protection) will prevent comodo malware and suspious file scanner from being stuck

N/A

That’s the only solution I know of that would help anybody if there in the same situation

=========================================================

Window 7 32bit
    CIS Avira
  • How you produced the problem;
  1. run the program
    2)while it’s scanning, put the “mouse” at the edge of the program and make it wider( basicly re-shaping it)
    If you leave it in the same spot, it’ll be fine
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
    Look under "Cloud Scanner version 1.0.8 for the picture. It’s the same
    N/A

I’m not sure what’s going on, but I installed CCS 1.0.135930.9 and it doesn’t detect any unknown files any more. I thought that this meant that the ATI software had finally been added to the whitelist, but then I scanned another computer with the same version.

This one also came up blank. The problem is that CIS was also installed and there were defense+ popups for unknown applications. Some of these even started with Windows, so they had to be active. Has anyone else had problems with the newest version, or is this some sort of misunderstanding.

My OS is Windows 7 x64 and the other computer was Windows XP x86.

Edit: I just scanned my computer again and now it finds 17 files. What happened?

I have problems where CCS usually doesn’t detect any unknown files. I checked Comodo’s Active Process List and found that there appeared to be a process for each time I tried to run the program. I’m assuming these problems are related.

I have attached a pic. Please let me know what other information is required.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi,

Check if in task manager there are the same number of CCS processes. Also, please provide a list with all the applications installed on the computer, what kind of internet connection are you using, if you are in a domain and what are the security levels used in CIS (Antivirus Security Level, Firewall Security Level,…).

Thank you for your support.

I ran it today and for the first time in days it actually detected unknown files. I checked in both Comodo’s Active Process List and task manager and both list only one process.

Lately it has not been working for me very often. I test it once a day and it is very intermittent. Could this be a problem connecting to Comodo’s server?

I have CIS installed. It is set to proactive security and the sandbox is enabled. There should be nothing running in it. I have blocked some processes from accessing the internet, but obviously not CCS. Could this be a problem?

I have a-squared free, Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes, MSE, and SuperAntiSpyware. The real time protection is disabled for all of these, but I know that at least a-squared and MSE run a process in the background. I have the free version for all of these. I have steam installed, Catalyst Control Center from ATI, Comodo System Cleaner, Comodo Dragon, DriverMax, and Electric Sheep Screensaver and of course many other applications which I do not believe would be a problem.

I am inside of a University Network with 7.05Mb/s download and 6.61Mb/s upload speed as checked on speedtest.net.

I just checked my processes through Comodo’s Active Process List and found that there was an instance of CCS for each time I started the program. Task manager however showed only one.

CCS is still showing unknown processes as I write this. I’m not sure what’s going on with CCS on my machine. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

Hi,

Since task manager displays only one process, no multiple processes are present. As for displaying unknown processes, it seems to be some problems connecting to Comodo’s servers. Being inside an University Network can be one of the factors. Having multiple security solutions installed on the same computer can also be a factor.

We’ll analyze further your scenario.

Thank you for your support.

Any news. I’ve checked CCS on 5 separate computers running different OS and the results are always spotty. Usually there are no unknown files shown, but sometimes there are.

3 of these were within a University network and the other 2 were merely behind a router at their home.

Is there any news about when the next release will be? I would also like to know if this will include the ability to report that CCS is unable to connect to the servers as it appears this is likely at least part of the problem.

In comodo cloud scanner under malicious

I tried to upload mdc8021x.sys But the could scanner couldn’t

So I made a copy of “mdc8021x.sys” in a .rar folder to be added :-TU

[attachment deleted by admin]

I guess the problem must have been on Comodo’s end because for the past few weeks CCS has worked every time I’ve tried it. Thank you for solving the problem.

Also, please whitelist all of the ATI software. It’s still unknown.