COMODO Cloud Scanner 1.0.134196.8 Public Release BUG REPORTS

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • Any other Additional Information;

Bug and comments:

Comment: The phrase “everything is up to date” at the bottom of the window is rather confusing…some people may think that the cloud scanner has checked to see if all the programs on their computer are up-to-date! They may also assume that Cloud scanner is telling them that windows is up to date! It is more accurate and less confusing to state “Cloud Scanner is up to date”.

Other comments: see this post.

Bug: GUI bug…see attached pic.

1. Windows XP SP3, 32 bit
  2. CIS 3.14…587 (firewall, D+, CAV all active), Superantispyware realtime
  3. Opened Cloud scanner window.
  4. Couldn’t resolve, although sometimes the black box showed up as a narrow horizontal line.
  5. No crash or blue screen, no memory dumps

[attachment deleted by admin]

Confirmed the GUI bug
XP SP3 32 bit, CIS 3.14

John

Hi

Same bug as Whoop-dee-doo. Windows XP Pro SP3 (32-bit) and CIS4 beta. DPI setting: Normal Setting (96 DPI). See screenshot.

:slight_smile:

Window 7 32bit
    CIS Avira
  • How you produced the problem;
  1. run the program
    2)while it’s scanning, put the “mouse” at the edge of the program and make it wider( basicly re-shaping it)
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
    If you leave it in the same spot, it’ll be fine
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
    1 piture
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
    N/A
  • Any other Additional Information;

Agree with above. Also, should CCS report that it is out of date? I found that CCS (.7 build) reported that it was up to date even when .8 (public release) was available for download. Even left it loaded for a while and then ran a scan but still reporting the .7 was the latest build.

The problem with Comodo Cloud Scanner continually saying it is scanning some dll’s is back. Instead of saying ‘Unable to Analyze’ it continually says scanning. It only did this for the last 4 out of 120 files.

Also I have noticed a minor GUI issue when I start the program and tell it to submit all files. The bar for the first result stays until I scroll down. I actually found the last Release Candidate to be perfectly stable, but this one has the old problems back.

+1

+1 :wink:

Hi,

This bug will be fixed in the next release.

Thank you for your support.

Hi,

Please tell us:

Did you try to update CCS on a different operating system? Launch CCS and leave it opened for a few minutes. ‘New version is now available’ should be displayed on the bottom of the window, near the version.

Thank you,
Ovidiu Bura

Well to answer for me, before I updated (read thread on forums) it showed .7 as upto date, and has done it before on previous versions…

Vista 32bit/X86
CIS 3.14…
MBAM (On demand)
Prevx (Currently testing as told its great at detection but not removal…)
A-Squared (On Demand) etc etc…

Hi Ovidiu

XP Pro SP3 (32-bit)
CIS4 beta

I have tried on my main computer and test tablet. I didn’t leave for a minute (probably 30 secs). Couldn’t CCS be set to check instantly as soon as it’s loaded. I’ll try again on both later (currently in Linux), leave for a minute or so and report back.

1 more bug

This is from windows 7 pro 32x

The malware scanner gets stuck when comodo starts to scan avira web guard file.

1. I have a picture of it and a copy of the file that it gets stuck at (avwebgrd.exe in a .rar file)

Hi Ovidiu

I have left .7 loaded for 10 minutes and it is still reporting that this is the latest version. However, this is on my work computer (on domain) so this might be the reason. Once .9 is released, I’ll test again on my 2 home computers.

Edit: Btw, this computer is also XP Pro SP3 (32-bit) with CIS3 installed.