COMODO Cloud Scanner 1.0.129202.4 BETA Release !!!

I have a few questions and comments.

Comments:

1. You should have the option of selecting which items you want to scan for, and you should be able to select these BEFORE the scan starts (see 1st pic for a way to implement this). Clicking on the red “x” during the scan to cancel a scan component is not very user friendly.
    1. The “view details” function is not well implemented. It does nothing more than clicking on the “+” to the left of the “malware and suspicious files,” which only provides details for one scan component (and not details about the other components). I would remove the “view details” button. Instead, when the mouse hovers over the “+”, a balloon should pop up that says “view details” (you have a similar function when you hover over the “restart scan” and “talk to a live expert now”). You can also print “click + for details” on the left side of the window. See 1st pic.
    1. I think there should be some notication that a component of the scan was not done or was cancelled. The live support team should know about incomplete scans… and currently there is no way to deduce this from the scan results. If an item is not scanned, a blue progress bar should not appear. If a scan is stopped/interrupted, the blue progress bar should indicate it (shown by a red “x” in my sample pic). You can also have text descriptions of the scan status for each component as shown in the 2nd pic.
    1. I think the cloud scanner should auto update when the program starts. This way the live support person does not have to waste his/her time telling people to update to the newer version. The scans will always have the most recent version.

Questions:

1. Does the cloud scanner only scan, or does it clean also? (I did not sign up for on-line support, so I am not sure if signing up will let you do more than just scan). If it does clean, then you should be able to clean without connecting to live support. If it does not clean, then I understand that a live support session can help the user properly address the scan results.
    1. Why include junk files, registry errors, and privacy issues in the cloud scanner when you already have this functionality in CSC?

Thanks,
Whoop

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks Whoop-dee-doo

I will address your comments:

1)i passed it to dev guys, they were working on a modified gui.
2)as above
3)Indeed, we are trying to get the CCS to tell details to Live pc operator to save the user from explaining what the problem is etc.
4)passed it to dev guys

now the questions:

1. CCS is build as a diagnostic tool only, hence does not have cleaning.
  2. CCS is build as a total diagnostic tool that will identify if your PC needs attention if so where etc. Its a full diagnostic tool, that will get people to diagnose their systems much easier than installing CSC or CIS etc. At some stage, we intend to make this web based also.

thanks
Melih

I’ve been reading an old paper which focus on windows inbuilt extensibility mechanisms (eg BHO, protocol handlers) and thoughts it could be a good thing to add to CCS if it isn’t there already.

Gatekeeper: Monitoring Auto-Start Extensibility Points (ASEPs) for Spyware Management