COMODO Cloud for Windows 2.2.1.17 BETA2 bug reports

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.
Be sure to describe the problem and include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them)
  • if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic
  • if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) please run the dbgInfo.bat in installation folder and post the resulting cbu file.
  • Any other Additional Information (for example, any non-default settings used);
    Win 7 Ultimate x32

CB 4.2.1 Beta; Comodo firewall w/ d+ 6.x.2674

I setup ccloud to automatically sync my school folder which is on the same hard drive as my OS but a different partition. When i browse my files on ccloud.com it shows 4 separate “sync” folders which all contain the same files as my school folder but when i browse my ccloud drive or files in CB it shows only one “sync” folder.

I tried clearing my entire ccloud by deleting everything then reuploaded my school folder but had the same results.

Attached a screenshot of ccloud.com and a screeshot of the files in the cloud from CB

• if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them)
    N/A

• if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic
    N/A

• if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) please run the dbgInfo.bat in installation folder and post the resulting cbu file.
    N/A

• Any other Additional Information (for example, any non-default settings used);
    I dont know if this is a problem with ccloud.com or ccloud. i had this problem with the previous beta but never reported it. If you need any more info or debug help let me know.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Win 7 Ultimate x32

I uninstalled CCloud using revo uninstaller free. After the default uninstall finished it asked me to reboot, i clicked no and ccloud somehow opened like i just installed it.

I killed the process with process hacker and rebooted

Attached a screenshot of ccloud after the default uninstaller finished

N/A

N/A

N/A

I know this wasnt much info but i couldnt get debug info or anything since ccloud was partially uninstalled. if anything else is needed for debugging let me know.

Win 7 Ultimate x32

After installing ccloud i rebooted and setup the folder i wanted to be synchronized the synchronizationservice.exe is taking ~44% of my cpu for long amounts of time.

System reboot seemed to help until now. i reinstalled ccloud so i could get a dump of the service and tried rebooting but its still taking a lot of my cpu.

Attached a screenshot of the service

N/A

Dump of service when encountering high cpu uploaded to ccloud, ill send the download to Emanuel

N/A

The service is not taking much ram about 6mb and 3mb of private bytes, there is no disk activity from the service so idk what its doing.

Please check now, the folder should appear only once now. It seems to be a server side issue. We are working to fix it.

Thanks

I think it could be a revo uninstaller issue. Maybe it doesn’t uninstall it properly.

The dump file seems to be created in a moment of time when no suspcious activity that could have increased processor usage was found. Can you please create another one?

Thanks

seems to be fixed thanks

Very unlikely since revo runs the built in uninstaller then scans for leftovers. at the point when ccloud reopened the built in uninstaller was the only thing used so far.

We found the cause and fixed it. Here is a replacement if you wan to try it.
https://server.backup.comodo.com/json/direct/default/SynchronizationService.exe?key=e56b5dac-05f9-44a9-a9e1-b5451dd88cee

Thanks

i placed the file in the common folder in program files and rebooted. i am still getting the cpu spike and ccloud said an internal error occured: error 214; debug info attached
Ill send you the new set of dump files

We found another cause of the spyke. It should be fixed now
Here is new SynchronizationService.exe:
https://server.backup.comodo.com/json/direct/default/córka.zip.exe/SynchronizationService.exe?key=c8539057-dbef-4544-abaf-64eb3b8e6552

Thanks

We found the cause. It will be fixed in next release.

Thanks

thanks trying it now

thanks for your help

the problem seems to be fixed, cpu is staying around .3. thanks for all your help Emanuel

Why is it that when ever I start my computer, Comodo Cloud all ways changes the assigned drive letter from X as set under “Settings - General” to any other available drive letter. At time of writing it has decided that prefers drive O

c

This appears to have sorted itself. Keeping fingers crossed.

c