Comodo Cloud Antivirus version 1.7.402730.374 is Released!!!

Hello Friends!! :slight_smile:

Here we are very excited and happy to announce that Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.7.402730.374 new version is now released !

Comodo Cloud Antivirus team is currently working hard both on improvements about system architecture and the Valkyrie server side; as well as on the improved usability with a new designed user interface which will be released by the beginning of 2017. Thank you very much to you all for your votes and if have not voted yet, you may vote on our live voting page: Which Comodo Cloud Antivirus Theme Do You Like Most?

As there is a heavy work on-going on the back ground, we keep improving our unique systems ; Valkyrie and Default Deny Platform each day, and continue our dynamic releases! The major aim of today’s new release is improvements in Valkyrie protocol systems, some internal changes to improve the efficiency of Valkyrie server and the service provided.

Please always keep in mind that this product is being shaped with your feedbacks, this is your product! Because You are important for us and we are here to support you for your online protection needs. Please keep providing your feedbacks for us to serve you the best!

Note: Users with previous versions installed will receive an update with this release.

Thank you very much to you all in advance !!

What’s new in 1.7.402730.374 ?

1- Improvements in Valkyrie and FLS protocol internals.
2- Self-Protection: CCAV protects itself from being terminated or corrupted from safe apps also.
3- Create diagnostics report for troubleshooting : You can reach via Help section on main UI.

Download Location

Comodo Cloud Antivirus version 1.7.402730.374

http://download.comodo.com/ccav/installers/ccav_installer.exe

I made all of scanning. Failures not. Excellent :-TU

Thanks for the release…after some time. I uninstalled CIS 10 Beta and I will install CCAV from CIS uninstall menu suggestion :azn:

Hi yigido,

Thank you for this feedback ; esp for the source of CCAV download part :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
Buket

Great , thanks for the feedback :-TU :-TU

It went smooth :wink: :-TU

Is there a portable version of CCAV? I just want to scan my system, without uninstalling current antivirus.

No previous version installed on the system.
Installed this version.
Sandbox setting - Run only safe programs
Win 10 64 Pro
No other realtime security software
Adguard Desktop

Power & Volume button dont appear on taskbar after CCAV install (In settings, those are “ON” But greyed out now)
(UPDATE - On 4th system restart, Power & Volume button appeared on taskbar)

Adguard Desktop install own certs for HTTPS filtering And Internet Security Essentials use to detect this on my browser Chrome 64 Bits opening But this version didn’t detect it, anything change in ISE?
Manual certs scan detect Adguard certs.

I use taskbar on “Top”. Would be good to see CCAV alerts as per taskbar position i.e taskbar on top, CCAV alerts on top, etc…

At the moment Valkyrie is working But too slow i.e app 1 file is scanned in app 30-45 mins or so.

There is a tool

but I never use it.

There is also a Chrome extension https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-ccav/ccav-chrome-extension-and-portable-sandbox-t115734.0.html

Congrats with the release and the Valkyrie and FLS fixes. :slight_smile:

Tried to do Rating scan today, server error at just 1%.
Later I tried Quick scan, server error at 2%.
Unfortunately the issues are not fixed yet.
(Win10, 250/15 Mbit/s connection speed)

I have everything working correctly. I checked on real and virtual systems.

Restart the PC (laptop) and try it. Must earn.

It is really inconsistent.
I did restart my PC yesterday.
Fortunately, today the scans worked fine again.
I had this also previously, sometimes the scans work, sometimes they bring the server error.
What I gathered from previous posts, this is still a work in progress.
Thanks to the Comodo team for the continuing effort.

With a quick and full scan, an error

Problem connecting to server during all scans, stops between 1 and 4%. :frowning:

/W

Hi Comodo Team, i install the new version and for work need restart pc. Now im not finish the scan because is too long scan stay in 68% and for a long time 09:52hs and not finish yet. Yesterday i went sleep and today i wake-up and go see the scan pc and stay in 68% i have 2 Hds so 2 Terabytes and one HD have a lot of files and other half files of HD. So the scan not so fast i think. I Try scan before with Comodo Internet Security v8.4 stable and go more fast about this scan. So is this for a moment.

The Comodo Cloud Antivirus find 2 files of Nvidia how a and say this Valkyrie.noname ( What´s this? ) Vírus or False Positive?? In driver of Nvidia??

If i remove i think can crash the video or not?!

The file in red is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nvcuda.dll

and other is:

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_3baab0007230109\nvcuda32.dll

So this is VĂ­rus or not?!! The scan not finish yet ok?!!

Comodo Time Hello, I have some information to ask you to correct, I have some files in format with extension .msi format windows and when I say scan them or run them are as unknown and nothing happens the problem is just that I do not gives any results, I would like you to do change to send files to the server also .msi Valkyrie and not only files with .exe endings - I have a video that also would like to show to you how Comodo Cloud can be infected with this problem antivirus do nothing in msi files. If you have where I host the video I would like to send them to you.

Every time I try to install this file it is isolated and nothing can do and there? !! How should I proceed?? I do not know if it’s good or bad … Virus or not ?!
In Comodo Cloud Antivirus does not have as I send the file for analysis in the Comodo servers because it only sends .exe file and there what should I do Comodo? !!

The program is a security program also I the total Virus know he is reliable as you can see below:

So I would like you stood on Comodo Cloud Antivirus tb analysis of msi files.

Thankful.

Hi Comodo Team, again Comodo Cloud Antivirus not Work, in Fast Scan stop in 52% and Comodo Complete scan not work too stop in 1% so Server again not connect.