Comodo Cloud Antivirus v1.21.458953.792 hotfix release.

The Realtime Scan alerts when a file is executed. Yours didn’t . . . ??

Both CCAV (and CIS) gave me plenty of alerts and block for all the file versions, both on download and execution attempts :-TU

Yes, it didn’t alert when the file was downloaded on my PC and it didn’t alert when I opened it (the txt file).

.txt files are not checked. Change its extension e.g. to .exe and you will see the detection.

I tried the other eicar files too, but the result was the same. Detection only after right click scan

CCAV does not detect when downloading or changing extension. CCAV detects:

• There will be a caption analyzing some files (not all) automatically.
  • When running an executable.

Test eicar and malware are detected without dilemmas under these conditions … Which are normal for a home user…

CCAV vs ransoware:

Hello everyone,
after reading all your comments I decided to reinstall CCAV. Out of curiosity I redid the test from the site http://vxvault.net//URL_List.php and I must say that with great satisfaction all the first 15 viruses has recognized them all as viruses and has put them in quarantine.
Then I copied them on a pen drive and after inserting it into the PC, CCAV immediately quarantined two of them and then, all of them started, they put them in a safe place, obviously not executing them. The very strange thing that stunned me is that all the other viruses, which I started from a USB stick, recognized them with PC offline, ie to test it even better I turned off my PC WiFi and CCAV behaved as if it were connected. Show!!!
So it’s like you have cached the definitions of the virus (maybe it’s already a known thing but I did not know it).

For EICAR files, downloading did not delete one, some of them running recognized them and quarantined them (except for the txt ones) and then the scan put them all in qurantena. But I think this is not a problem since they are test files.

In conclusion I have to say that I am very satisfied with CCAV and hoping that it will not give me problems with WiFi, as with the old version, I will continue to use it because I feel safer especially with 0 day attacks, ransoware and miners.

Thank you! W COMODO! :smiley: :smiley:

Viruscope - Monitor only the applications running in the sandbox - If the option is unchecked then whitelisted/user trusted/antivirus exclusions i.e all the applications are monitored, right?

Viruscope only monitors unknown elements in the sandbox.
Although you may be instructed to work outside the sandbox, it does not monitor all applications.

So what changes between putting or not putting the flag on this option? What is the best choice to do?

Hi Yashkhan,

When in Viruscope - Monitor only the applications running in the sandbox is un-checked, it monitors the activities of all running processes.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

So it is better not to put flags? So check all the applications even those out of the sandbox?

Hi NDABBRU,

Yes, you can use if you want. Please try and provide feedback if you found any issue.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

comodo cloud antivirus protected keylloggers, screenloggers… if application is running in sandbox

This version is working much better than the previous one … I no longer block games like LOL safe applications …

Earlier on the old laptop Dell Inspiron 6000 (2005).
Intel Celeron M 1.40GHz, 2 GB RAM. OS XP Home Edition version 2002 SP3 worked well. Now the laptop hangs, Wi-Fi is not connected immediately (it takes a long time to wait). In general, it was impossible to use CCAV, perhaps the laptop is too old. Delete CCAV:(

Even if you are not connected to the internet, ccav still protects against threats … since the unknown applications are sent to the sandbox and viruscope evaluates them.

Connection to the Internet occurs through Wi-Fi, but with a delay. And the main problem is that the laptop hangs … CCAV became heavy for my laptop.

I have a notbook from 7 years ago a SAMSUNG r580.
iNTEL 3 OF 1 OR 2 GENERATION
3 gb ram
310 nvidea
It is an old and basic PC … CCAV is the only one that runs decently in the … All the rest slow it down …

Recovering the theme … You could launch this version with the browser plug-in comfortable online …

Returning to the topic, It was assumed that this version would be on September 10, but I had to download it from here because it was not updated automatically.

CCAV protects against cryptominer?