Comodo Cloud Antivirus - v1.17.444084.672 - Beta

Hi All,
We are pleased to share BETA v1.17.444084.672 of Comodo Cloud Antivirus:

BETA - Warning:
Following setup is a BETA setup and it is not recommended to test on production machine and it is intended only for beta testers.
So please try at your own risk.

http://91.209.196.83/ccav/installers/ccav_installer.exe
Size: 9.70 MB (10,175,368 bytes)
MD-5: 72efaab9763cbf29f4432f3e34f40687
SHA-1: b61a8b0793dd2d29df531ff4aeb053fd13ef7c81

If you don’t want to do fresh installation, alternately you can also have following hosts entries:

91.209.196.83 download.comodo.com
91.209.196.83 www.download.comodo.com

and use manual updater option and update to this version.

Here is the change list:
New:
Option to disable scheduled AV scan:
Now you can disable periodic full scan of system from “Antivirus Settings” as discussed here. There is a check box provided before related settings.

Non-PE files cloud based analysis:
So far CCAV was only submitting unknown PE (Portable Executable File Format) programs to cloud for analysis provided related file submission option is selected. From this release onwards, non-PE files, which are executed in Sandbox will also be submitted and can be seen in same “Settings → File Rating → Submitted Applications” section. You can filter PE and non-PE files using newly added filter.

Do not virtualize access to specific files / folder:
Like Comodo Internet Security, now you have similar option under “Settings–>Sandbox–>Sandbox Settings”, allowing you to define folder/file which should not be virtualized.

Fixes:
In case you remove CCAV shortcut and update CCAV, it was re-creating shortcut, now it will not re-create shortcut if it was absent before update as reported here.

In case you update from Windows 7 to Windows 10, CCAV will detect this change and auto update drivers without requiring user intervention.

Improvements:
There are performance side changes in this version, typically 1st re-boot after installation used to be slower, it should be slightly faster now.

Please give it a try and share your valuable feedback.

Thanks
-umesh

Looks good, downloading now :slight_smile:

Edit 1:
Upgraded from Comodo Cloud Antivirus - v1.16.440168.650 to Comodo Cloud Antivirus - v1.17.444084.672 - Beta

After the reboot “CCAV” dident start up, taskbar icon was gone.
and ccavsrv.exe is the only application running.
5 min later CCAV told me that the protection components are not working.
I have the dumpfile for ccavsrv.exe

Edit 2:
Gonna try the fix and see.

Edit 3:
The repair dident fix it, also made a dumbfile of the ccavsrv.exe after the repair.

Comodo Cloud Antivirus - v1.16.440168.650
Comodo Cloud Antivirus - v1.17.444084.672 - Beta
Windows 10 Version 1709 (OS-Version 16299.309)

Thanks, please share dump file.

http://www.filedropper.com/ccavbeforeandafterrepair

Note: ccavsrv.exe and ccavvirth.exe was the only 2 .exe files inside the
C:\Program Files (x86)\COMODO\COMODO Cloud Antivirus folder

arent they normally 3?
dont have CCAV right now on my laptop, so i cant check.

No problem, Ok

Thanks for files. There are just those two executables.

This and the subsequent steps are EXACTLY what just happened with my test on this version

Unfortunately I didn’t save the dump and went straight to a clean install after uninstalling through Control Panel. After that, everything is working fine so far

“ccavsrv.exe -autorun”
was the only file running.

“ccavsrv.exe” -service"
are not running

Edit: uninstalled CCAV and made a clean install of v1.17 - Beta.
Runs fine now.

Have added
C:\Users*\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles*.default\places.sqlite*
Do not virtualize access to the specified files/folders
and Firefox inside the Block sandboxed apps exclusions.

saving bookmarks workings fine when running firefox inside the sandbox.
will try it more tomorrow.

Feedback
[ ] To Do not virtualize access to the specified files/folders
Should be unchecked by default.

Description
(!) Do not virtualize access to the specified files/folders.

Should be replaced with:

(!) Allow sandboxed applications to write and modify files/folders inside this exclusion directly.
(Not to be confused with “Track files Saved inside the sandbox/Review Files” option)

When running sandboxed programs with fullscreen on a 2nd monitor, the green border will jump to the main screen. and keep the original border size. (2nd pic)
https://imgur.com/a/4HvJi

When viewing a fullscreen video inside the sandboxed web browser, green border will slightly intrude on the opposite monitor. (looks not that bad from the picture.) (1st pic)
https://imgur.com/a/4HvJi

“Cloud based behavioral Analysis” option should probably be moved to: User interface or File rating settings.
To free up some space in Sandbox settings.

Good night

seems update from v650 to beta has some issues while fresh install works fine.

Thanks for quick feedback :-TU

Lets investigate and get back, while you play with fresh installation further.

Thanks
-umesh

Still trying everything, but after boot up / restarts, I have noticed that just before CCAV widget shows on the main screen, there is a millisecond ‘flash’ that seems to show the main CCAV GUI before it vanishes and the Widget shows normally

Performance and display otherwise normal so far. Previous delay of a minute or more when deleting all TVL now gone

About 7 hours after starting this morning, the same message appeared. A critical component is turned off - even though all appeared Ok. Clicked on Fix it . . . . Windows started it’s repair > asked for a reboot and CCAV started again as expected

5 minutes later . . . . message that a CCAV component crash has occurred and report sent to Comodo

The quick flash I mentioned earlier, IS CCAV appearing on the Desktop, then vanishing as the Widget shows up

Security & Maintenance in Control Panel & Defender shows all is normal. I’ll wait for the next one!!

Hi Ploget,
Please try updated v674:
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-ccav/comodo-cloud-antivirus-v117444253674-beta2-t121764.0.html

Please uninstall v672, install v650 and update to v674 and see if any of issues you observed last still there.

Thanks
-umesh

Locked.