Comodo Cloud Antivirus - v1.15.437378.621 (Hotfix) Released

Thank you for containment and clipbord protection etc :■■■■

Evrial Trojan Switches Bitcoin Addresses Copied to Windows Clipboard

among other stuff.

It would be nice if Comodo could enable: Block outgoing and incoming connections by default.

Thank you for containment and clipbord protection etc :■■■■

Evrial Trojan Switches Bitcoin Addresses Copied to Windows Clipboard

among other stuff.

:-TU
I like the idea of clipboard protection as well.

It would be nice if Comodo could enable: Block outgoing and incoming connections by default.

:-TD

It would dramatically decrease the usability.
Better idea would be to block connection to known bad IP addresses.

Guys, can you please share CCAV I/O read bytes on your system?
And also mention RAM on your system.

6 GB RAM here
CCAV I/O read bytes here starts with 6 figure like 212,681 and then 7 or 8 figure like 1,227,500 or 14,236,610 respectively. Its mostly 7 or 8 figure on my system.

Other security software on the same system like Kaspersky Internet Security, F-Secure Safe, Emsisoft Antimalware, Avast Antivirus, Comodo Firewall, etc, I/O read bytes 6 figure or less.

On this Win10 system

32GB RAM

CCAV always 6 figures or less

Hi Ya5h Kh4n,
We have some improvements coming in this direction in upcoming CCAV, we hope to have CCAV Beta out this month.

Thanks
-umesh

Installed and it seems that it has speed improvements over last versions. Very good.

Good to know. Looking forward to the beta. Lets see the improvements…

Suggestion: Check button to scan into zip/rar… files or not.

8GB RAM
NVM Express 256GB SSD

7 figures when doing something special like, doing a scan.
opening a program during idle can go up to 7 figures, but up to 5 figures the secound time you execute the same program.
idle is about 0 to 3 figures.
and normal usage, 0 to 6 figures.

Both CCAV and CIS feels light on my Laptop.

umesh,

Currently there is an option to block Network Connections of programs running in Sandbox.

I think would be good if there is an Option to block Network Connections of Unknown Programs too i.e Unknown Programs running in Sandbox or Outside Sandbox…Network Connections will be blocked.

This will help to protect the system in cases, if an Unknown Program is allowed to run Outside Sandbox by user and the program is malware, data will be protected as upload to the malware server will be blocked.

what you say?

That won’t be user friendly, better to rely on a two-way fw.
Much better to add an option so that viruscope can also monitor apps running outside of the sandbox (same option we have in cis)

I understand would affect usability so mentioned an Option would be good.

Well, CCAV was meant to be as simple as possible, for users who want a more granular control there is CIS… but I agree, if they make it as an option, it could be a good balance :slight_smile:
In that case, my idea is that “block in and out TCP connections for sandboxed apps” should be checked by default, while “block in and out TCP connections for any unknown app” should be unchecked by default.
By the way, I’m not sure if they could implement this feature without a firewall-like driver… and the lack of that driver is the greatest pro of using CCAV rather than CIS

Hi All,
Please check CCAV v642 - BETA and share your feedback:
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-ccav/comodo-cloud-antivirus-v116439475642-beta-t121450.0.html

Thanks
-umesh

Suggestion for next version: checkbox to scan or not into compressed RAR/ZIP… files.

Noted. It can be simply based on file extensions (zip/rar).

It takes long for Avidemux to start with CCAV installed.

I have tried Avidemux with all the previous CCAV version I used and the new beta too and the results were same.

Please look into it.

Win 10 Pro 64 Bits
6 GB RAM
500 GB HDD

will check.

Forgot to mention, first start of Avidemux is long, subsequent is decent as found trusted by CCAV.

Comodo Cloud Antivirus - v1.16.440168.650 Released