Comodo Cloud Antivirus - v1.13.425881.564 (Hotfix)

Hi All,
Today we have released v564 hot-fix as pointed in related RC version last week.

Following is the fix:

Fix:

• Since last couple of CCAV builds we have an exclusion rule in Sandbox settings for Windows Apps as shown in enclosed image. There have been initial versions of CCAV, which didn’t have this rule to begin with and also when updated, didn’t get this rule in it and due to that some of latest CCAV versions also see Windows applications in Sandbox. This update ensures that exclusion rule is in place.

Setup Details:
You can download latest v564 setup using following link:

http://download.comodo.com/ccav/installers/ccav_installer.exe
Size: 9.01 MB (9,457,832 bytes)
MD5: e3a0d01c318c73ec9a1c2bdf30849dbd
SHA-1: 22856f20e299da7a04aae460fc08dd11c23b895c

We will issue updates to users with older CCAV version later this week.

Apart from that number of reported crashes have come down significantly since we introduced crash reporting feature in v505 and with every release, CCAV is more stable than before.

Please provide your valuable feedback if you notice any problems in this version.

Thanks
-umesh

:-TU :-TU :-TU

Thanks for the release, updated :-TU

May I ask how many active CCAV users do we have? I am not asking download number!

Thanks developers :-TU :-TU

Hi All,
FYIP, today we have released updates for older versions of CCAV.

Thanks
-umesh

I didn’t tried last couple versions.
I am trying this version & overall seems good. I had high disk usage probs with every versions I had tried but this version seems much better.

For now, temporarily I am on a very limited daily data plan so can’t do much testing & also have disabled “cloud based behavior analysis”.
After few days, when I will be back on my regular plan I may test & provide more feedback.

1 thing I noticed.
DnsJumper - Dns Jumper v2.2 - A Free DNS Changer
Its in Comodo cloud whitelist. Test with internet OFF.

Internet off, run DnsJumper, it was autosandboxed & I got a window with message something like program require admin rights, & DnsJumper didn’t run.
I noticed that, after that any/all unknown programs didn’t run i.e I got autosandbox alerts but none programs started. Sandbox clean solved the issue.
If run DnsJumper again, the same issue & sandbox clean solved the issue.

No probs with internet ON. I couldn’t test again with internet OFF after internet ON test. There is no DnsJumper entry in trusted apps or sandbox rules section. Logs doesn’t mention something like scanned & found safe. I didn’t allowed DnsJumper with the option on alert or manually.
With internet ON, DnsJumper run fine, does this means it was found safe in cloud & programs found safe in cloud whitelist doesn’t appear in trusted applications list?
Nothing in the logs too.

If programs found safe in cloud whitelist are there only in cloud cache then there should be an option to clean cloud cache.

System boot is little longer with CCAV installed.

Win 10 Pro x64
Windows Firewall

Made a quick test with that DnsJumper file.

W10

once i started the file, windows asked for admin promt, the program started outside the sandbox.
And after that i tried to submit to Valkyrie and it said that the file was trusted.

once i started the file, windows asked for admin promt, the program started outside the sandbox.
And after that i tried to submit to Valkyrie and it said that the file was trusted. (Cloud rating cache)

VirtualBox W7

once i started the file, windows asked for admin promt, the program started inside the sandbox.

once i started the file, windows asked for admin promt, the program started inside the sandbox.
(the file started b4 CCAV could do a cloud lookup)

once i started the file, windows asked for admin promt, the program started outside the sandbox. (With cloud Cache)

CCAV works like it should on my pc with that file.

When will Valkyrie start working normally? Wait for the analysis to take a very long time.

Hi All,
Please check out latest RC build:
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-ccav/comodo-cloud-antivirus-v113429196569-hotfix-rc-t120642.0.html

Thanks
-umesh

Whats the purpose of “CCAVPostInstall” entry in Task Scheduler?

Found a possible right click scan bug

Clean install of Comodo Cloud Antivirus - v1.13.429196.569 Default Settings

When i right click scan on any harddrive it finnish the scan whitin 0 secounds and says: Complete,
Files scanned: 1
(except when i right click scan on C: drive then it works)
Note: i can still open the same harddrive and select all the folder and do a right click scan, and it works.

Can any one confirm the same on their system?

Comodo Cloud Antivirus - v1.13.429196.569
Windows 10 Version 1703, OS-version 15063.632

Feedback

I presume that the CCAV Browser Settings Protection will get improved in the future like CIS have,
but the current alert stays up for about 2sec and wont allow the user to have time read the massage.
The time should be increased to 10-20 sec for the time being.

Yes, I can confirm this.

May you please verify same using v564 build?

Yes, the v564 build works like it should, when you right click scan on any harddrive.

Yes - same behaviour on my system (same Win 10 build)

It seems a regression.

We will address it in this month release.

Any info on the above?

And you had mentioned an option “set file size limit to upload to valkyrie” would be available, any info?
(by the way, whats the current set default file size limit to upload to valkyrie?)

I use a security software, I like the alerts design in the software. I think the alerts design in CCAV would be good.
Alerts design - Alerts default set time is 20 secs, & on alerts, on top right, timer is there i.e 20, 19, 18… If you place/hover mouse over alerts, then alerts time reset to 20 secs & when you move the mouse away, timer start, what you say?

This is created by installer to start CCAV first time after installation.

Please allow me to get back on this.

Please see if you can capture in a video and make a wish list item and see how other members feel about it.

Thanks
-umesh

On the website: Comodo Valkyrie Customer Login | Advanced File Analysis System
The file size limit 150MB (max)

Comodo Unknown File Hunter, submit to Valkyrie 25MB max.
Comodo Cloud Antivirus, submit to Valkyrie 25MB max.

Hi,
Both Valkyrie and CCAV limit is 150MB.

Please check out.

Thanks
-umesh