Comodo Cloud Antivirus Beta3 Version 1.0.376043.87 is Released!!!

Hello Everyone ! :slight_smile:

Here we are very excited to announce that the Comodo Cloud Antivirus new beta version 1.0.376043.87 is now released ! Thank you very much for all your feedbacks , wish & bug reports for the built 1.0.373384.67 !

:P0l NOTE FROM MODERATORS: Please post all bugs and wishes including performance issues in the Beta Bugs Board and Beta Wishes Board as requested by Buket here.

Cloud AV provides full Protection both Online & Offline !

We are here to provide you the best real time protection with this lightweight package both Offline and Online. CCAV includes a local Trusted Vendor List to protect you from any unknown file as well as cloud signature and file checking. In addition to always up-to-date antivirus database on Cloud and realtime scanning, all sandboxed files can be tracked and analysed with the help of Viruscope feature.

Important note: Users with previous beta installed should uninstall old beta first and make a clean installation for the new beta version .
We would appreciate receiving your feedbacks, wish and bug reports for the new built 1.0.376043.87 .

This is what we call user-friendly! This is what we call simplicity ! Once you have it, you will never look for another protection, this is what you need !

Thank you very much to you all in advance !!

What’s new in 1.0.376043.87 ?

• Application Categories Filtering :
    An easy way of classification of trusted applications! If you select trusted for the categories, applications in the categories will run out of sandbox; if you select untrusted for the categories, applications in the categories will run in Sandbox.

• Alert for Untrusted Files in Auto-Sandbox Settings :
    Once you select this option for Auto-Sandbox settings, for each unknown file detected; you will be asked to run this file in Sandbox, out of Sandbox or block the file. It is up to you !

• File Rating Settings:
    New Trusted Vendor List ; New Submitted File List.

- Valkyrie submission:
Submit unknown files to Valkyrie server for analysis in background. [Please kindly note that service will be ready by 20th of December; it will be available after this date]

- Actions log:
Log scan type, path, start time and end time.

- Multi Language Support:
Multi Language support options has been added in this built. More Languages will be supported with the next releases.

- Option to scan the Executable Only:
When performing manual scan, this option will make the scan faster.

Improved:

We have addressed many wishes and improvement requests reported by our users in this release. Here are a selected few:

• Performance Fixes.
  • AV option to scan pe and scripts only in manual scan is added.
  • When disconnected network, notification given below the Security Status.
  • Sandbox alert popup (&notification) with action recommendation.

Fixed:

We have addressed many issues reported by our users in this release. Here are a selected few:

• File hash validation error on first reboot after install
  • When you run a quick scan, it is not logged in AV logs
  • When the windows taskbar located to top, CCAV maximum size have problem.
  • Full scan is slow

Download Location

Comodo Cloud Antivirus Beta 3 Version 1.0.376043.87
http://download.comodo.com/ccav/installers/beta/ccav_installer.exe

Thanks BuketB for the new release :-TU I hope we will find bugs for the more stable next releases :-TU

Once installed, Windows Defender is not disabled, it must be so?

Thanks for this. Will test and leave feedback.
EDIT2:When trying to add a trusted vendor and you find an executable it doesn’t warn you if the file is added or not so files without digital signature don’t get added and you don’t know it.
EDIT3When trying to remove a lot of trusted vendors the program stops responding.
EDIT4Biotech microtech int’l corp can’t be removed from trusted vendor and is freezing the application when selected with others vendors to be removed.
There are more vendors that create the same issue as the above.

Sandbox works fine :-TU

“End-task” option for sandboxed running processes :-TU Nice.

http://i.hizliresim.com/82oPlk.png

Star group board coming shortly…

I tested under Windows 7 64 bit, my Defender is turned off after install.

I have a Windows 10 10586.29, not disabled. That is how it should be?

Many thanks for your feedback

Please make a bug report in the Beta Bugs forum stating this is inconsistent.

Kind regards

Mouse

About Application Categories, there are categories (Game, Utility…) who maintains list of programs in categories? Can we edit this list, add/remove programs from lists or just Comodo ranks them as they process them?

Also by default adware and PuP are Trusted?

Lets get few more reports, maybe we can figure if it is version of Windows or some other factor that impacts this.

Is there a problem here? Are these must be “untrusted” What is the status here?
Why these two categort is trusted?

http://i.hizliresim.com/o8l06b.png

Created a bug report here : https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-beta-corner-ccav/wrong-application-category-t113939.0.html;msg825157#msg825157

OK Or I will find out what is expected… I have just asked.

It doesn’t register in action center that’s why it doesn’t disable defender.

Security Center still not recognizing CCAV in Win10 TH2, first time app runs are still RIDICULOUSLY slow (MusicBee needed 15 seconds to start and become responsive, 15!). On a powerful hexacore system with tons of RAM and SSD that’s pretty much unacceptable. I just don’t know…

Wow! that would be unacceptable even on an old system :o
Better I don’t even try it on mine.

Hi,
I think it is that there are no false positives for safety programs.

What about False Negatives? People will be infected with these settings for the sake of more usability?

Back to CIS. CCAV just isn’t good. At all.