We are pleased to announce Beta release of Comodo Cloud Antivirus v1.11.416296.492.
1. Crash Reporting: Comodo Cloud Antivirus will detect crash of one of it’s applications and offer user to upload crash and other diagnostic data by showing dialog as shown in enclosed snap Crash_Reporting.png
2. Improved Potentially Unwanted Applications (PUA) Detection: We have created a back-end infrastructure that is analyzing domains in the wild and able to classify some of domains as PUA domains, which are short lived and mainly generate PUA files. You will see such detection via that cloud driven heuristic as shown in enclosed snap: PUA_Detection.png
3. Controlling Network Activity of Sandboxed Applications: As a first towards providing some form of network control over applications running in Sandbox, we have introduced following two check boxes under Sandbox settings:
- Block incoming connections to Sandboxed applications
- Block outgoing connections from Sandboxed applications
These are disabled by default and best suited for Advanced users at the moment:
Above options are confined to TCP traffic only and thus focusing on controlling data oriented network traffic only.
So other protocols like UDP/ICMP, are still allowed.
In next sprints, based on feedback, we will be aiming:
- To cover all protocols
- Allowing applications based exclusions
- Creating Advanced installation option where user can change these defaults
This is without introducing network Firewall and still letting Advanced users control to some extent network activities of Sandboxed applications.
Aim has been to keep things light and still provide a degree of control.
4- Copy any shortcuts created by Sandboxed applications to my desktop: This check box is present under Sandbox settings. This feature has been enabled by default. Now you have a control over this and can de-select if you don’t want that default behavior.
5 - “Ask for Unknown Applications” setting in Sandbox was not working as expected in Windows 10 Creators update, as had been reported in below post:
6 - Sandbox alert layout has been changed as per following wishlist item, thanks BlueTesta:
7 - Jump to Folder: When you see file path listing, this option was not available in some of places e.g. “Being Analyzed” section, now you should see it across all places.
BETA - Warning:
Following setup is a BETA setup and it is not recommended to test on production machine and it is intended only for beta testers.
So please try at your own risk.
Size: 8.67 MB (9,099,592 bytes)
Based on feedback, we will make a decision about release next week.
Our goal on CCAV is to keep it lightest, fastest, simplest(no extensive configurations) and most effective prevention product for consumers with it’s default deny architecture and direct Valkyrie integration.
Thank you for all your support.
Any feedback is highly appreciated.