Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.6.400657.347 is Released!!!

Hello Friends,

Here we are very excited and happy to announce that Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.6.400657.347 new version is now released !

Comodo Cloud Antivirus is getting stronger with each new release with its unique systems Valkyrie server and Default Deny Platform. We will keep the dynamic releases coming accordingly!

*Defaul Deny Platform: Protection against Infection does not require Detection *

The new era of “CPU Enforced OS Virtualization” in the fight against malware.

As we always discuss here,we believe in Protection before you face the infection so that you actually won’t need the detection! CCAV and Valkyrie teams are doing their best behind the scene to provide you best protection with advanced methods and new implementations !

You , being the most important participant of this protection chain, help us to improve the product with your feedbacks . We are the warriors against the unknowns, you make us more powerful ! Internet will be a more secure place with the help of Comodo users !

Please always keep in mind that this product is being shaped with your feedbacks, this is your product! Please keep providing your feedbacks for us to serve you the best!

Note: Users with previous versions installed will receive an update with this release.

Thank you very much to you all in advance !!

What’s new in 1.6.400657.347?

Generic support of Trusted Installers: Files created /launched by trusted installers are trusted automatically.

Browser Protection increased usability: On default settings any attempt will be blocked, notification will be shown when an application is blocked for the 1st time. Plus, this will be added as a rule automatically after attempt is blocked under the settings >browser settings protection.You can change the rule afterwards or if you prefer you can simply disable the browser protection.

Advanced Data Reporting: For suspicious unknown files reporting to FLS server, we now have advanced data collection to increase the efficiency and decrease the time spent on file analysis done .

Fixed: File should not be submmited when submitting file to valkyrie turn off.

Download Location

Comodo Cloud Antivirus Hotfix V1.6.400657.347
http://download.comodo.com/ccav/installers/ccav_installer.exe

Thanks Buket and devs :-TU

good job team!

With this release there will be less unknown files .

Thanks for the update. :-TU

Congrats to the new release and update!

Im running out of time here so if anyone could, please, provide some prints of this new build so i can see what changed about the gui interface?

Whats the stats on valkyrie pending files? Is it processing the files or is it still “waiting” for something?

Congrats with another release.

I like:

As stated only yesterday:

Comodo is working on it. But expecting things to change in one day is pushing any boundary of reason. Your brain is working over time. Give it some rest.

so, valkyrie is not there yet… right? :frowning: maybe ill pass this version too and wait for the upcoming…

I did a try out and removed it already. Too much ram usage and the creep internet security essentials was installed without any prompt, without my ok.

anyway, melih or buket, please, explain exacly what is the internet security essentials? what does it have? what processes, etc?

Yes, I would also like to know what this is and it’s purpose. I was prompted to update internet security essentials from my limited account prior to CCAV updating. CCAV updated automatically from my administrator account (soon after logon) yet I didn’t receive any prompts from my limited account.

:slight_smile:

Parts of AMD drivers getting detected is getting silly, it is problematic for years, fixed and than back again. As if someone in Comodo has something against AMD :wink:

This time is CCCInstall.exe:
Valkyrie analysis Advanced File Analysis System | Valkyrie
Virustotal analysis VirusTotal.

BTW. after install and rating scan I trusted said file and it s on trusted list but still listed in detections and there is no way to report as false positive from CCAV.

Hi vitim,
In regards to high system resource usage, you appear to have more issues than most other users including myself.
Maybe something unique or specific to your system being sandboxed causing the issue?
I am personally finding CCAV very light.
For the above reason I would consider looking into hardware issues or other conflicting software on the system.

In regards to CISE, it is added protection that works with CCAV: What is Comodo Internet Security Essentials?-Comodo Help

Kind regards.

Hi Guys,

Internet security essentials is a tool that protects you from Man in the Middle attacks. It’s main functionality is root certificate check which alerts when suspicious root cert is detected.

For your information

Kind Regards
Buket

from event viewer win 10 au

Code Integrity determined that the page hashes of an image file are not valid. The file could be improperly signed without page hashes or corrupt due to unauthorized modification. The invalid hashes could indicate a potential disk device error. File Name: \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\CcavGuard64.dll

Application popup: services.exe - Bad Image : C:\Windows\system32\CcavGuard64.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc0000428

Hi Buket

Thanks for replying :). Could you explain why Comodo’s certificate is detected as a threat though? See my post below.

https://forums.comodo.com/help-ccav/certificate-scan-t116734.0.html

Also, if browser extensions are more secure, why is a desktop version available? I originally chose the desktop version as (at the time) it seemed more convenient (supporting most browsers).

:slight_smile:

CIS gives the same error in the logs. It is not something to worry about. Comodo uses a way of loading the .dll file that Microsoft deprecates.It does not impact the security of your system.

Tried this version on Win 10 64 Pro

After install completes & you click finish, CCAV mention realtime not working & ask to “fix”. After fix system restarts & CCAV is fine.
But I have noticed this realtime not working behavior after install completion with previous 2-3 & including this version.
Why this happen? Please look into this.

And with this version, Windows Defender is not disabled.
Please look into this.

And I was testing usability with few programs install & later when I opened GUI, there was mentioned realtime not working & click “fix”.
Please look into this.

Currently I have uninstalled CCAV.

And I think during install there should be an option to install Internet Security Essentials or not.
And I think ISE should be implemented into CCAV instead of separate install i.e if during install users choose to install ISE, it should be a module of CCAV instead of separate install And ISE module should have options like enable/disable, etc…

CCAV have MITM protection - I checked with Adguard Adblocker. Adguard installs own certs for website filtering. CCAV warned me. But the thing is, as Adguard uses its certs for websites filtering, CCAV will warn for every websites, right? This becomes annoying as you have to exclude/whitelist every websites. I hope I am correct on this.
Do you think would be good to have an option to exclude/whitelist certs?

Hi Yash

After install completes & you click finish, CCAV mention realtime not working & ask to "fix". After fix system restarts & CCAV is fine. But I have noticed this realtime not working behavior after install completion with previous 2-3 & including this version. Why this happen? Please look into this
And with this version, Windows Defender is not disabled.
We have not been able to re-produce above mentioned two problems and i will PM you to setup some time when our QA can take a look at your PC as it seems you have been able to produce it consistently.
And I think during install there should be an option to install Internet Security Essentials or not. And I think ISE should be implemented into CCAV instead of separate install i.e if during install users choose to install ISE, it should be a module of CCAV instead of separate install And ISE module should have options like enable/disable, etc...

As you have noticed that ISE has been able to pick AdGuard and for that matter it would have been able to pick any rogue product as well, we think it adds up a huge value on it’s own independent of Antivirus and a good nice tool to make browsing secure.

CCAV have MITM protection - I checked with Adguard Adblocker. Adguard installs own certs for website filtering. CCAV warned me. But the thing is, as Adguard uses its certs for websites filtering, CCAV will warn for every websites, right? This becomes annoying as you have to exclude/whitelist every websites. I hope I am correct on this. Do you think would be good to have an option to exclude/whitelist certs?

Very valid point, we will prioritize to add this certificate name based exclusion functionality in subsequent sprints.

Thanks for your time, i will PM you to work out debugging session.

Thanks
-umesh

Hi,
A full scan lost communication with the cloud server. Then restored and so constantly.

For the info, I have no other security or any other products running realtime on the system, only 1 other product i.e AX64 Time Machine V2 Latest Stable Build 703.

Currently have CCAV uninstalled, will try next version & see & give info.