Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.0.379757.116 is Released!!!

Congratulations with the new release. :■■■■

Thanks for the release. Here are some quick observations.

Quick scan: 0:34
Full scan: Takes way to long. After 35 mins it was only at 15% so i cancelled it.

I am still noticing some small slow downs when opening applications for the first time (First time run with ccav installed). CCAV still needs improvements when it comes to file rating and the TVL. Performance is definitely better than the last beta but still needs some improvements. Like everyone has pointed out it would be nice if CCAV would register with windows security center.

There needs to be an obvious way of submitting files to valkyrie for analysis. IMO it should be done automatically with context menu scans (right click scan). The UI should also reflect when a file is being submitted so the users knows whats going on.

Ok now, Can we see a well explained official page for CCAV to share this beautiful antivirus with our loved ones to protect them :-TU

Windows 10 64 bit. Windows security center did not recognize this release, windows defender still enabled. Slight slow down issues present upon installing and opening applications at first, of course my system is pretty powerful, so was not bad for me. Upon testing a handful of legit applications, only one needed to be manually released from the autosandbox, others installed as were supposed to, with one even having open candy in the installer be detected and cleaned during installation of the application " :-TU" I was impressed with that compared to the previous Beta. Now on to detection of malware. I unzipped 10 pieces of semi fresh malware from MalwareTips Malwarehub, after disabling realtime scanner in CCAV, i then proceeded with a right click context scan, of which CCAV detected none of them. I then enabled the realtime and ran a scan, still did not detect any of them. Then i proceeded to execute each one, one at a time, and CCAV finally came alive, or i should say the auto sandbox. It effectively stopped all 10 from executing and infecting the system, but did so on its own, with no hint of Valkyrie or the Cloud Av. Work is still needed on this project, but if guided correctly, this could be a very light, powerful protection.

http://i.imgur.com/nd3QbA9.png

Hello illumination,

Thank you for the valuable feedback.

WSC integration will be released with the next built as it needed extra development and time. Please kindly wait for the next release.

We will keep improving on this product thanks to your bug & wish reports. Please fill in a wish report in case you have any suggestions for us to make this product even better. We are following up closely!

Kind Regards
Buket

congratulations guys and girls!

I’ve just scavenged a Virut virus from an USB drive which is not detected by CCAV. How can I submit it to Comodo guys? The reason why I’m asking here is because it appears to be specific to CCAV. Comodo on VirusTotal is detecting it as Virut. But CCAV on my system isn’t (not on-access by having it on desktop and not by right-click scan). Please advise asap.

Hi yigido,

The webpage is coming soon. :-TU

In the meantime, you may check the details of the product from the help page: Comodo Cloud Antivirus - Introduction, Scan For Malware, Comodo Cloud Antivirus, Download Free Cloud Antivirus

Kind Regards
Buket

Sorry, I can’t agree with this. Here comes another buggy product. Every one of the big players out there will outperform it easily at this point. It has the potential to be amazing, but right now it is NOT.

I’m testing it on a Vm, it works well, with only a little impact on system resources.
It performs well in a real world test, but it’s mandatory to have a reset sandobox button imho (if there is one, please tell me where it is :D).

@23: is a newborn product, if the product-team works well, ccav will easily outperform the competitors, not in terms of detection rates (that isn’t the focus of this product nor of comodo), but in terms of effectiveness in protecting users.

Have to agree, so sad really.
I await as always with interest :wink:

Application categories under Sandbox Rules in settings are gone?

Hi, I think Comodo Cloud should have added the database Comodo Valkyrie. Comodo Valkyrie has an excellent detection and Comodo Cloud is very weak with zero-day viruses that is the Achilles heel of Comodo.

Hi jackor ,

Thank you for the feedback and for the good points :slight_smile: :-TU This product is the one that will protect you and will not slow down your PC ; it is not an easy job to use these two statements in one single sentence ! We did this! This tiny package is what you need :slight_smile:

Regarding reset sandbox option, this product has a slight difference from CIS. It has multiple sandboxing. So you can think that everytime you run an application in sandbox , you create another virtual environment only for that application. For this reason, I would ask you the exact use case with a wish report about how and why would you like to reset sandbox ?

Kind Regards
Buket

I know that’s the goal, but unfortunately, the lag the troubled the program from the first beta is still there. Several posters have mentioned there is still a delay when opening, installing programs, at least for the first time. I noticed this issue in the first two betas, and have not used the program since, as I found it very annoying.

There is a delay when opening programs for first time. It can be reproduced by installing CCAV and running GIMP.

GIMP has all of his plugins as separate exe files and is loading these plugins during startup. CCAV is probably checking all those files online (you can see many connections made by CCAV to Comodo server). First start of GIMP on my laptop (and older i5 920 system) was few minutes.

After all GIMP files have been loaded for first time subsequential GIMP startups take few seconds.

When we will see full Valkyrie integration in action? I tried to execute some malwares and all of them were sandboxed (which is good) but no sign at all of Valkyrie.

CCAV cannot upload files to Valkyrie.

1- Run an app in sandbox (from right click menu)
2- Go to main panel and open sandboxed app menu
3- Right click on sandboxed process and click “Submit”
No confirmation appear…
4- Open Settings and go to “Submitted Files”
Please see "No (upload error)

Is there any problem with Valkyrie or CCAV valkyrie integration?
Thanks

WD disabled & WSC integration with the next build? Many people are not installing for this sole reason including me. I would expect to give it special attention & fix it in couple of days.

Well explained help files or features description is needed. Currently the online help flles doesn’t have quite a few things.

I tested under Shadow Defender so cannot restart the system & dont know if CCAV needs system restart to work fully functional as it doesn’t ask me to restart system after install on Win 10 64.

Here are the things I noticed -

1. Dont know how context menu 'Run as Trusted program" works? - I tested with all the 3 sandbox settings i.e alert, autosandbox & run only safe. Any unknown program that generated alert or was autosandboxed or was blocked as per the sandbox setting, I tried “Run as Trusted” few times but noticed the same behavior i.e alert, or was autosandboxed or was blocked as per the option selected in the sandbox setting.

2. ViruScope - Its for sandboxed programs only, right?

3. Valkyrie - How does it works in CCAV? What way it works in CCAV? A good description/details/info needed on Valkyrie working in CCAV?

4. You added exclusion for manual scan. Why not exclusion for realtime detection? Add to trusted is there for realtime detection but AV exclusion would be better. And do you think would be good to show a sign/icon/separate tab to differentiate between realtime & manual scan exclusion in the GUI?

5. If you run a program sandboxed through the main GUI option the program always run sandboxed. The only way to remove it is you have to run the program & open the GUI & go to sandboxed programs & select run out of sandboxed.
    The GUI option run programs sandboxed shows the programs added to run sandboxed. I think would be better if the added programs can be removed from here i.e select the program & remove tab to remove the added program so that it will run normal. Similarly do you think remove all tab would be good too?