Comodo Cleaning Essentials review

+1

Congrats and keep up your great works!

Because the product is only intended for people that know what they’re doing. A novice user can easily make their OS inoperable with CCE.

Indeed. I hope people realise how powerful CCE is, its very VERY powerful utility.

True but people need to start somewhere for have someone telling them , through a video, how it works and give them a place where to begin. Telling them how to safely experiment, by using virtual machines

Let’s say that CCE and CIS got integrated… and what? When it will be used by users? How? Why?
Answer: Never or Almost Never.

You can’t possibly make a video telling someone how to use CCE. There are simply too many variables.

I had a teacher once say that no matter how much you’re taught in school, the first problem you’ll encounter in your new profession after graduation is something you’ve never seen. Truer words have never been spoken.

It’s really not Comodo’s place to tell people where to go to investigate possible infections.

No but they should explain how things work.

We are not talking that it should be integrated or not. CIS need CCE cleaning capabilities, nothing more

In theory, CIS shouldn’t need the cleaning capabilities of CCE because the system should never get infected.

CIS is intended to keep your system clean, CCE is intended for cleaning seriously infected machines.

Then, why said in this forum that CCE add to CIS?

CIS need CCE cleaning capabilities, because don’t exit the perfect protection.

:wink:

Melih has mentioned about the Comodo Cloud AV “we have some ideas for integration into KillSwitch etc…lets see…”

I dont know if he is talking of RealTime or OnDemand.

The problem is:

CIS is not able to disinfect an infected file. Clean in the CIS = Quarantine + (Delete). Where is disinfection?

Aggressive Mode is the same as Hitman Pro’s Force Breach Mode, right?

disinfection is a feature that I am looking forward in CIS future versions… but disinfection may affect the performance of AV… Because when I was using 3 months trial version of Bitdefender 2012, it tried to disinfect the 3 threats found in USB drive… It took 1 hour to scan and disinfect 16GB USB drive…

So disinfect feature might be curse or benefit…

thank you. no one said integrate all of cce with cis. if disenfecting was added then novices could safely access the feature without risk of screwing up the system with cce. but I think comodo should quarantine first and then if the file is infected then disinfect that way if disinfecting fails then it’s already quarantined. this eat nothing can see that cis is trying to disinfect and try to delete user or system files. though cis would probably block an action like that. it would make it harder for malware to find a loop hole. this example was hypothetical and I don’t know how easily it could become reality if It’s not already. if the disinfection was successful then the user should have the option to restore it to it’s original location or to another location of the users choice in case it was moved by malware but this should be a somewhat hidden feature or comodo could create a database of where system files and program files go based on your system type and then recomend where to restore the file to

Yes, pretty similar.

I do believe I have brought this subject up considering the lunacy of mixing the features of CCE with CIS somewhere earlier in this forums.

Like Morphiusz had stated; “Product A “CIS” for protection. Product B “CCE” for cleaning.”

Roger :slight_smile:

Congratulations to CCE team. :wink: :-TU