Comodo Cleaning Essentials & CRD doesn't work very well with ASUS G75VX laptop

G’day all,

I’ve had my new laptop for a while it’s a ASUS G75VX with W8 Pro, however I can only used a custom scan with CCE. Because I can’t used a full scan because when you boot W8 it doesn’t take you straight into a normal desktop mode when CCE is about to start the full scan, W8 can only take me straight into Start menu and has Live Tiles, shortcuts, built-in search and its own applications and CCE don’t start at all.

Also CRD doesn’t boot into Linux because it doesn’t recognise my BOIS settings and hardware when trying to boot into Linux CRD, my latest BOIS is G75VX.206 is Comodo planning a new version for CCE & CRD for W8 that can work with my new latest loptop ASUS G75VX.

Ta.

I am on a Win 8 netbook. I use Classic Shell as a start menu replacement. This will also let Windows boot to my desktop. I let CCE run and after reboot it went straight to the desktop where CCE showed up. When you go to the desktop will it show the CCE screen?

Very interesting EricJH would you be able to tell me the correct settings to make sure it does boot into Windows boot to my desktop, I just wanted to make sure I’ve got the right setup as I now have Classic Shell installed…Thanks for the tip EricJH.

Why CCE is taking nearly 5 hours to do a custom scan with two Intel 520 480GB SSD on my new laptop, CCE is a default setup nothing has change. Before I had a desktop computer with 3 Seagate 500GB HDD, and it took CCE 2hrs & 15mins to complete the scan. Does Comodo is completely aware that the SSD is taking twice as long as the HDD ??? Is this a major bug problem in CCE ??? ???

Also I have the same issue with CCE doing a full scan and it has taken nearly 5hrs & 43mins to complete the scan with two Intel 520 480GB SSD on my new laptop, I just don’t fully understand why it taken so bloody long compare to a HDD when it takes CCE 2hrs & 18mins to complete the full scan from my old XP Pro desktop computer.

My understanding is that CCE v2.5.242177.201 doesn’t like SSD very well and I believe this software is not fully up to date with latest SSD model, I’ve decided not to used CCE v2.5.242177.201 until the problem has been resolved. Comodo this is very disappointing for a SSD scanning issue all my drivers are fully up to date and including the BOIS version as I said before using W8 64bit, and CCE was set to default nothing has been change in the CCE settings.

There are no special settings I use other than letting Windows boot to the desktop instead of to the new start menu.

Other than that as long as you scan with search for hidden files/folders and registry keys enabled it will require a reboot, iirc, and that’s it.

Why CCE is taking nearly 5 hours to do a custom scan with two Intel 520 480GB SSD on my new laptop, CCE is a default setup nothing has change. Before I had a desktop computer with 3 Seagate 500GB HDD, and it took CCE 2hrs & 15mins to complete the scan. Does Comodo is completely aware that the SSD is taking twice as long as the HDD ??? Is this a major bug problem in CCE ??? ???
It looks like CCE is not properly supporting SSD disks.

Thanks EricJH I thought that would be the main issue, have you already let Comodo know of this problem that CCE is not properly supporting SSD disks. :wink: :-\

Could you please file a bug report in Bug reports - CCE following the guidelines here?

The full scan feature doesn’t work any more after boot when I had Classic Shell install, I can only used custom scan.

One question as you write you got 2 Intel SSDs: Do you use them in some kind of RAID? Any other drive connected? What drivers do you use for the drive-controller? Cause i use an Samsung SSD 830 128, one 500Gb HDD, Intel RST 11.2 and the scan idk exactly took about 30 min in windows.

I can just confirm the boot topic as you know/we discuss at https://forums.comodo.com/comodo-rescue-disk-crd/cannot-boot-with-crd-t93874.0.html. I also wonder if we are asked to report bug on CRD in CCE Forum?

EDIT: Just to write it here too, it shouldn’t be forgotten: As i have written at https://forums.comodo.com/comodo-rescue-disk-crd/cannot-boot-with-crd-t93874.0.html;msg679956#msg679956 - CRD should have boot options being more failsave.

Didn’t check which driver it uses, dma mode is set etc. but i guess it’s not optimized, the scan took 1h instead. But that’s ok i would say.

G’day Dinovom,

My 2 Intel 520 480GB SSD is not set to RAID because I hate this option and it can cause more trouble when doing a complete image backup if you’re not careful one drive for everyday used the other drive is backup, however I’m having problem trying to find the correct drivers for W8 64bit for the Intel 520 480GB SSD can you help me from their Intel website because I’m seeing two different drivers. I’m currently using the Microsoft default drivers for the SSD nothing has said for Intel 520 drivers.

Well, you don’t need any drivers for the SSDs (or other drives as long as they use SATA), only the drive controller (part of chipset) itself. I do take a look at win-lite for that topic. You can find actual ROM Modules here, and either it’s german an guide for ROM-update, as well as actual RST Drivers. And what many ppl don’t know: ROM should be of same version-string like RST-Drivers (so 11.2/11.7/12.0/12.6 …). To find out you ROM: Set RAID mode in bios (but don’t boot to win8 any time), just safe, restart, hit the (idk, CTRL+S/H/E) key to enter raid utility and find the version string on top. You then have to decide if you stay with that version and use apropp. driver or update ROM (if possible) and use the driver matching that ROM. Or the easy way: got to asus website, check BIOS Version, load the driver they provide and it should at least match.

Anyway default MS-AHCI drivers are already quite OK (good performance, may not best, but instead rock-stable and heavy compatible). It shouldn’t be the reason for CCE being that slow. But sure you can try proper Intel drivers.

One tip either i don’t recommend for non-advanced users: you could use tools like DriverMax/DriverEasy and find what drivers on your system are missing/not up2date. But be warned: these tools scream for false alarms, wrong versions etc. and even problems if you would update the right version using their tool. Just search on the manufacture site of the component to check if a newer exist and if you do need it.