COMODO Cleaning Essentials 1.5.181743.64 RC2 Ready!

I like that now it fixes problems in the registry. One has been missed though.

Hkey_Current_User/software/microsoft/windows/cucrrentVersion/Policies/Systems/DisableRegsitryTools

Bad Value (1)

Good Value (0)

excellent work guys!

now…does anyone know any other AV cleaning that does this’ CCE can now fix critical system settings (disabled task manager, ms config, run, regedit, etc).'?
thanks
Melih

Hi,

Thanks, we will add it.

Best Regards,

superantispyware does this just not automatically and i think hitman pro fixes internet problems

I assume where talking about DisableRegistryTools

Hi guys!

Why different some test results from KillSwitch 1.4(CCE 1.4.177889.49 RC1) and KillSwitch 1.5(CCE 1.5.181743.64 RC2) ?

What I do:

run KillSwitch 1.4 → View → Show only the unsafe images in memory.

After that, on the same computer, run KillSwitch 1.5 → View → Show only the unsafe images in memory… and the results are different(lot of unknown files)!

also did a few times on two computers - Windows 7 Ultimate(x86, SP1) and Windows XP Professional(x86, SP3), - same situation.

What is this bug KillSwitch 1.5?

[attachment deleted by admin]

yup spelling mistake on my part.

i see…i wonder if they do it as thoroughly as CCE? worth testing…

This is a very important feature for any cleaning product imo.
Doesn’t symantec or others do that for cleaning?

Melih

Melih, I thought you like Symantec? ;D >:-D

I would like to see an extra tab in killswitch which shows all the programs which shows all the autostart with windows and an option to hide all the safe ones just like the process tab.
would it also be possible in the services tab to hide all the safe services?

i see...i wonder if they do it as thoroughly as CCE? worth testing..
I think I'm going to intentionally cripple the living hell out of windows 7 on another computer later, if it fails to fix it I'll report back >:-D

good plan :slight_smile:

“They are violating the license, so I can make requests. But any further legal action is pointless for such an insignificant product which will probably die anyway because of the questionable status of DACS.”

:o ??? 88)

Melih,

Kaspersky also has a system restore functionality which does exactly the same. I do not know how thorough it is in doing so.

Where do I find what system cleaning functions does CCE RC2 implement?

maybe you guys should also add this
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows NT
SystemRestore

Comodo could remove a huge load from DACS by storing the SHA1 hash of dlls and sys files from a virgin Windows install.

Something like a xml file for each version of windows containing the hash of every dll and driver stored on the comodo server for local download, KS already hashes the files so it would be trivial to check the list before contacting DACS. This would also improve the terrible performance on slow-link connections. :wink:

It already has this in place, it first checks local store, then for SHA1 in the cloud, next it sends it to CAMAS for analysis and if that doesn’t result in blacklist it will forward to DACS p2p. At the point where CAMAS is involved there is upload of binary involved. And yes on dial-up links this is not really optimal.

Tested and working smoothly, but what about killSwitch using force execution mode(I guess members know this), I thought it was going to be implemented

This software always eats up every little piece of memory it can get, causing it to stop working.
My testing environment is Windows 7 x32 in VirtualBox.

I tried to clean severe malware registry changes and the next time a TDSS 4 infection.
Comodo always begins to eat up all memory while scanning clean files like sidebar.exe oder autoexec.cfg.

KIS works perfectly.

Quote from: jay2007tech on March 03, 2011, 11:49:30 AM I think I'm going to intentionally cripple the living hell out of windows 7 on another computer later, if it fails to fix it I'll report back >:-D
Seems to pass my tests, maybe I'm not being creative enough in trashing windows 7 :o >:-D