COMODO Cleaning Essentials 1.5.181743.64 RC2 Ready!

yea thats what i kind of figured. i wasnt sure how they were going to implement DACS. It would probably be best if they did it like u said and add it to custom scan so we can scan what we want with DACS.

maybe one of the devs will tell us how they are going to implement DACS :wink:

why not translate killswitch into simplified Chinese ? cce has a Chinese gui now

Please correct me I am posting in the wrong thread.

Does Comodo have any improving/self-learning from DACS results?

What I mean is, if a file is found infected in DACS results and not by Comodo AV scanner,

does CCE take any special care of that file and send it to Comodo Labs for Immediate verification?
(I know they would have already scanned it by CAMAS and therefore the sample is with Comodo Labs, still, that puts the file in queue with many other non malicious files and thus takes long to reach the testers).

But we have either a clear case or atleast a greater chance of the sample being a malware, therefore if it is given a high priority, it would improve CAV detection a lot.

I would like to translate the CCE to Hungarian!! ;D
I need the English templates… :wink:

Sorry to do another bad report.

1. Time of scanning is unbelievable long.
  2. The CPU consuming is very very high, almost rendering the computer.
  3. The avast sandbox detection was reported as false positive A LOT OF times. And the team did nothing with it. I have three partitions and then three “hidden folders” of avast sandbox.

[attachment deleted by admin]

i remember comodo saying that they do nothing with the results from the other vendors meaning that they dont analyze or touch the samples. DACS is like p2p it just stays in the community.

my question is how they are going to handle FPs from other vendors

melih stated this is his post about DACS

and im just wondering if this is already implemented or if there still working on it

I like that now it fixes problems in the registry. One has been missed though.

Hkey_Current_User/software/microsoft/windows/cucrrentVersion/Policies/Systems/DisableRegsitryTools

Bad Value (1)

Good Value (0)

excellent work guys!

now…does anyone know any other AV cleaning that does this’ CCE can now fix critical system settings (disabled task manager, ms config, run, regedit, etc).'?
thanks
Melih

Hi,

Thanks, we will add it.

Best Regards,

superantispyware does this just not automatically and i think hitman pro fixes internet problems

I assume where talking about DisableRegistryTools

Hi guys!

Why different some test results from KillSwitch 1.4(CCE 1.4.177889.49 RC1) and KillSwitch 1.5(CCE 1.5.181743.64 RC2) ?

What I do:

run KillSwitch 1.4 → View → Show only the unsafe images in memory.

After that, on the same computer, run KillSwitch 1.5 → View → Show only the unsafe images in memory… and the results are different(lot of unknown files)!

also did a few times on two computers - Windows 7 Ultimate(x86, SP1) and Windows XP Professional(x86, SP3), - same situation.

What is this bug KillSwitch 1.5?

[attachment deleted by admin]

yup spelling mistake on my part.

i see…i wonder if they do it as thoroughly as CCE? worth testing…

This is a very important feature for any cleaning product imo.
Doesn’t symantec or others do that for cleaning?

Melih

Melih, I thought you like Symantec? ;D >:-D

I would like to see an extra tab in killswitch which shows all the programs which shows all the autostart with windows and an option to hide all the safe ones just like the process tab.
would it also be possible in the services tab to hide all the safe services?

i see...i wonder if they do it as thoroughly as CCE? worth testing..
I think I'm going to intentionally cripple the living hell out of windows 7 on another computer later, if it fails to fix it I'll report back >:-D

good plan :slight_smile:

“They are violating the license, so I can make requests. But any further legal action is pointless for such an insignificant product which will probably die anyway because of the questionable status of DACS.”

:o ??? 88)