COMODO Cleaning Essentials 1.3.175642.36 BETA Ready!

Hello Everyone,

We are very excited to announce that Comodo Cleaning Essentials is ready for private beta testing.

What is Comodo Cleaning Essentials?

Simple. CCE is a set of tools we created for cleaning the infected computers. The main application, CCE, is a powerful virus, spyware, rookit scanner and cleaner. It has many advanced scanning and cleaning techniques that are not present in CIS yet. And then we have a powerful tool called Killswitch, which is purely for experts to diagnose EVERYTHING in a computer. Give it a try!

CCE features:

Whats new in CCE 1.3.175642.36?

FIXED! Hidden registry key/value FP under certain circumstances
FIXED! DACS timeout is returned as malware
IMPROVE: Add an option for creating a Windows restore point before scan
IMPROVE: Integrate ProcessHacker 2.10 into KillSwitch

During the lifetime of the product, more tools and functions will be introduced.
This is a private BETA and must not be used for any other purpose than testing. It can contain serious bugs and must be used only by community members. Please do NOT distribute it outside this forum as it is not intended for end-users even for testing purposes.

Bug Reports:

Please use http://forums.Comodo.com/Comodo-cleaning-essentials-cce-killswitch/Comodo-cleaning-essentials-1117429427-beta-bug-reports-t66866.0.html

Download Locations:

http://download.comodo.com/cce/download/setups/cce_1.3.175642.36_x32.zip
http://download.comodo.com/cce/download/setups/cce_1.3.175642.36_x64.zip

If you are interested in the source code of relevant GPL parts you can obtain them from http://killswitch.svn.sourceforge.net

Regards,

Egemen

Great, thanks guys!! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update and for integrating the latest process hacker , good work.

Downloading now!
Thank you for a new beta!

Thanks for the new beta. BTW, please, keep this utility available for everyone. I know you are afraid of the implications if an user missuses it, but, I think with proper support/guides and a legal disclaimer, you are covered. This tool is very important / useful to be kept outside the general user.

Best regards,

Great! :-TU

Thanks for this cool tool, Comodo and wj32! O0

Excellent work guys!

Overall Im very content with CCE features. I noticed in Device manager though the appearance of several Non-plug and play drivers and upon each restart of the program more appear with randomly generated names. Since CCE 1.1xx I have 6 new drivers. I guess they are related to CCE and they dont disappear when the the program is closed/system is restarted/the program is uninstalled. Autoruns shows them but indicates: “File not found in System32\drivers”. Event viewer says “drivers failed to load” on every restart. How can I deal with these drivers safely?

XP SP3, Comodo last ver., CCE last ver., Avira Free

[attachment deleted by admin]

They’re the services for the CCEKrnl.dat driver. It’s a bug. Just open up cmd and run “sc delete NAME” on each service.

And… Source code, you say? >:( :cry:

It seems 11 days old…

Is it just downloading… Is it just to copy the contents over the old ones?

Thanks, but how am I supposed to delete them when they don`t appear in services? If i put the random names in sc delete will this work? Can I uninstall them from Device manager?

how long do you think this will stay in beta?

2,3,4,5,6 months, few weeks, a year

I’m very eager to use this but i don’t like to use betas. just trying to get a general idea of how long it will take before a final release is made.

please keep killswitch and DACS inside CCE because people who clean machines will more than likely use all of both

Yes, they are services. There are many kinds of services, and the Services console only shows you some of them. If you want a complete list, use the Services tab in KillSwitch/PH. I don’t use the Device Manager, so I can’t tell you how to use it.

Ok thanks I`ll try it out.

thank you guys

Well, I see you’ve moved even more code into KShelper.dll. If this keeps up, I’ll be forced to update the license with an exception that prevents this kind of exploitation. Just protecting my “intellectual property”, like you are. :o

Can anyone comment on the scan times vs. the last version? thanks

DACS still not working through proxy.
Updating database is fine though.

GPL compliance is not something that should take days, or even hours. You should (and must) be releasing source code at the same time as the binaries. The GPL does not grant you free and unlimited access to code. Would you steal code from another company? I hope not. By being “open” the GPL does not give you whatever rights that will benefit you; rather, it ensures openness for everyone.

Oh, and I’ve already modified the license, because I’m tired of having to persuade you to release source code every single time. You can use the current version of PH, but no more integration for future versions unless you release the source code for KShelper (“ninja”) as well.