COMODO CIS disables WinSSHD

With “Comodo Firewall 5.0.159634.1091” and “Winsshd 5.19” and “Putty” … Unable to connect, “Putty” is automatically disconnected by “Comodo” :frowning: … sorry !

even with this change it still does not:

Comodo > defense+ > Paramètres de contrôle de l’exécution image > Exclusions
Add “c:\windows\system32\net.exe” and “c:\windows\system32\net1.exe”

Please try disabling only buffer overflow protection. (And making it a trusted file of course, if its not)

Thanks for testing BTW :slight_smile:

Mouse

sorry … same result :frowning:

there is a difference between “WinSSHD 5.09” and “WinSSHD 5.12 to 5.19” … but I do not know which

Sorry I was not sufficiently precise earlier. So just to check, you have excluded all relevant files from buffer overflow protection. (All program files, except DLL’s in the program directory). Also made them all Trusted Files.

And then rebooted, and it still does not work?

If so could you post a bug report in the CIS beta forum please? If you say your English is not great, I’m sure people will help you…

Or just pm me if you want an explanation of any heading. Or anything in this email

Many thanks and best wishes

Mike

Hello,

Here are my results on a “Windows 7 Pro x64”. Called me if I understood your request. If not, I said what you want me to test!

First test (first image)

• WinSSHD 5.19 without “Comodo 5 beta” installed … Connection with “Putty” OK !

Other images, my tests with several boot my computer between each change. At each connection, Comodo cut the connection.

[attachment deleted by admin]

… and if I remove this option: same problem

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks the picture are great. You’ve done the right thing!

Now could you possibly make a bug report in the Beta bug report forum.

The format and forum is here.

Anything in the headings you don’t understand, just PM me. I have a little french.

I’d suggest mentioning that your English is limited, and ask if the want to PM you could they get someone with French to do it.

Please also mention that this is a guard32 incompatability. You might want to check if renaming guard32.dll and rebooting still solves it first!

Best wishes and many thanks

Mouse

OK, I posted my report in the Beta bug report forum :a0

https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/bug-with-winsshd-519-t60722.0.html

Thanks Steph, for doing this.

Looks fine - I’ve merged it with the main topic, and added a note about guard32/64. Hope that’s OK

Mouse

No problem “Mouse1”, thank you for putting your comment :wink:

I hope this problem can be corrected in the version of “5” … it has not been in the “4” …

So do I. I’ve raised it with them several times via the Mods bug tracking system, and cross referenced the forum posts - lets see.

Best wishes

Mike

Oh PS when it comes, if it doesn’t work as downloaded, try excluding it WinSSHD and any related executables from buffer over-flow protection. I believe in CIS 5 it may prevent guard32 being injected into it. Just a rumour… can’t guarantee.

Best wishes

Mouse

Using
CIS 5.0.163652.1142
WinSSHD 5.21

I get the same problem with cmd.exe not able to start from WinSSD.

A workaround is to use an alternate shell; I use TCC/LE (free lite version available at http://www.jpsoft.com/tccledes.htm - it’s heaps better than cmd.exe anyway)

However, I also find that the Microsoft SQL server shell does not work (sqlcmd.exe) and there doesn’t seem to be an easy workaround for this.

Just seems odd, for a security company, to have such problems with an SSH server on a mainstream OS…

Rob