Comodo Chromodo 42 release candidate is now available for download

This release of Comodo Dragon 42 will publish detailed information?
thanks

Congratulations. Very good work. And when you go install Flash Player comes the big surprise: text balloons from Comodo to help you installing the right one, PPAPI. Awesome :-TU :-TU :-TU.

Hi all,

How can you import Comodo settings (extensions, bookmarks, passwords, …) into Chromodo, thanks!

Sorry, I meant import from Comodo Dragon!

Hi slimka,
I was leaving the translation questions for the Developers to answer, note I am not Staff. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Hi rkparis,
Menu>Bookmarks>Import bookmarks and settings, then select Dragon from the drop down menu. (Screenshot)

Kind regards.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi Several-GHM,
I would imagine once the product is officially released, that more detailed information will be available.

Kind regards.

Thanks Captainsticks, works perfect for bookmarks and passwords. But how can you import extensions, I saw you mentioned Drag’nDrop but do not know how to do it!

Hi rkparis,
Extensions included with Dragon can be found in the following location.
64-bit systems: C:\Program Files (x86)\Comodo\Dragon\extensions
32-bit systems: C:\Program Files\Comodo\Dragon\extensions
Drag’n’Drop the .crx file for your required extension into an open extensions window of Chromodo.

Other extensions downloaded and installed would require packing the required extension in the Developers mode to create the .crx file.
It would be much easier IMO just to download and install these extensions from the Web Store.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions

Kind regards.

Hi captainsticks,

Understood, thanks!

You are welcome. :slight_smile:

True!

I always add my extensions to a .txt file, write down the name of the extensions and save that file on a USB stick.

So i always remember what i had, if i do a format or something goes wrong.

Good tip for other users as well.

If you trust google then you can sync things like extensions and bookmarks with your google account… IF you trust google…

Hi fungus303,
That is a good tip for users that have many extensions. :-TU
It is more reliable than human memory. :wink:

Thanks.

Google is an advertising company, selling your data is their form of income, you can’t trust something like that.
Also, if the person trusts Google, he/she wouldn’t be needing to use Dragon, rather Chrome.

True, I don’t trust Google but I still use sync… don’t mind them knowing my extensions or bookmarks. Yes I’m using it against my better judgement, but it’s just so handy… :-\

That are some Chromium browsers that implement their own Sync servers, I wonder why Comodo doesn’t do one.

I don’t know either, they probably should, it would be another feature to boast with. Or even better, make an encrypted sync system, so that the data will be encrypted on the local system and then the encrypted data is stored on Comodo servers (or other cloud platform(?)) and then when you sign in with a Comodo browser from and you want to sync it from the cloud then you download the encrypted data and decrypt it. Pretty much like how Mega works, that way it’s less likely that Comodo could read the data yet you have an easy to use sync method.

Edit: I see now that google/chrome sync uses encryption, question is if the data is encrypted AFTER Google does what it does best with it?
I also noticed that some features like Google Safe browsing or what it is called is also collecting certain information like your IP and cookies, perhaps Comodo could set up proxies for these kinds of services where you don’t need to use your account to sign in? So in the case of Safe browsing sites, you’d say to Comodo “I want the latest database” or whatever and then Comodo servers would do the same request to Google which then downloads it to Comodo servers and then you download it from Comodo servers, it’d be a bit different than a normal proxy though in the way that no cookies would be set on your system, it would be set on Comodos system… Iunno was just an idea.

How can i ask the developers?

That you’re not comfortable in Russian translation (specifically)?