Comodo Chromodo 42 is now available for download.

Okay doing it your way

You are welcome.
At least we no longer need to obtain a copy of the PepperFlash folder and contents or be reliant on Chrome to use PPAPI Flash. :slight_smile:

Kind regards.

I suppose there is a silver lining. Friday updates would be better for me in future by the way in case you are interested :slight_smile:

Is this browser coded differently than Chrome?
On Chrome I get QUIC protocol error quite often during browsing. I have to disable it.
On Chromodo I dont get the above error so thats a plus for Chromodo.

Plzz bring back “clear on exit” option.

Never happened to me, using Chrome beta on Ubuntu, and with chrome://flags/#enable-quic enabled.

There is one relevant difference:

That means that with chrome://flags/#enable-quic set to its default value, Chromodo will not use QUIC. Chrome on the other hand, will increasingly often use QUIC: A QUIC update on Google’s experimental transport

To verify, go to one of Google’s sites, and look at chrome://net-internals/#quic.

Of course we listen to our users and we will add it in the next release or with an update sooner.

Plzz bring back “clear on exit” option. < Since Comodo is based on Chromodo 42 I would doubt it will be added. It’s very much like Opera. it has not been added up to now and I very much doubt it will. So Ctrl-Shift-Delete are the only option. However does Comodo Chromodo 42 have this > (Ctrl+Shift+N) active. So can look in Private Mode, and when you close the browser it auto cleans your history, temp files etc. It is Active in Opera 29 Chrome/42.0.2311.152

Nige

Please check back my previous comment :slight_smile:

By default on Chrome QUIC protocol is set to “Default” & other options are enable & disable.
I get QUIC protocol error quite often during browsing with “default” set for QP.
If I disable it then no probs.

QP in Chromodo is also by default set to “Default” & no probs browsing.

On your promise I installed Chromodo as I like that option.
Let see when it will be there.

Did you read this reply?

May be I didn’t get it.

Do you mean set to default, Chromodo doesn’t use QUIC & Chrome may use QUIC sometimes?

Yes, that’s what I mean.

Ok, got it now.

Thanxx for the info.

Hi,

I have installed Comodo Chromodo 42.1.2.90 on Windows 8.1 (x64). I have few queries…

a) I visited http://www.imdb.com/ and tried playing a movie trailer and I get a message “Adobe Flash Player is required to watch the video”
In ‘Control Panel’, ‘Flash Player Settings Manager’ in ‘Updates’ is set to ‘Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)’ and in the same ‘Updates’ tab NPAPI Plug-in Version is 17.0.0.169.
When I clicked ‘Install Plash Player’, chromodo tries to open the page “https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/” but the page never loads even after 15 minutes.
Any fix for this issue or did I miss anything (screenshot enclosed) ?

b) There’s news about ‘Logjam’ attack. To check if Chromodo is vulnerable I visited https://weakdh.org/
Message displayed was “Warning! Your web browser is vulnerable to Logjam and can be tricked into using weak encryption. You should update your browser.”
Will Comodo fix this issue in the next release ?

c) Google Chrome’s recent Chrome 43 update comes with 37 security fixes, six of which were considered “high” in severity.
googlechromereleases.blogspot.mx/2015/05/stable-channel-update_19.html
I would like to know whether if these security fixes are applicable to Chromodo as well ?

Regards
Rafa

[attachment deleted by admin]

On three machines now I show chromodo_setup.exe running … when I try to update in Chromodo I see this message

Please accept the license agreement in order to proceed with the update

But there is no screen visible or available to me to accept ??

So I have had to download manually and install then I do get the agreement to accept.

This has been answered here:
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cd/comodo-chromodo-42-is-now-available-for-download-t111181.0.html;msg807928#msg807928

I also tested your link on Firefox and they also have a warning message, I personaly never heard about this before but I am sure the devs will look into it.

The devs said that after update 42 (the current one) updates will be released a lot faster. So I am sure that we will see a 43 update soon with the latest and most needed security fixes.

Yes, Understand. Thanks for that.

As for me I will have to press good old Ctrl+Shift+Delete :slight_smile:

thanks glennmen for your reply :slight_smile: