COMODO BOClean [Solved]

Hope I am placing this post in the right place New user of comodo, and this forum. What dose the ICON in tray supose to be ? Mine looks like a black arm band !!. Seems to be doing the job but the ICON really bug’s me. Thanks

Hi Backstep

Welcome to the forums.

The Icon is supposed to be a Monitor with a brush next to it like the one here. Generally when it is not scanning anything it is a black monitor. When it’s scanning a file it turns Blue. When a file is found OK it turns Green. If it finds a virus it turns RED. It also turns RED if you right click on the icon.

Hope this helps.

Eric

About the BOClean tray icon colors, that is not exactly as it is :wink:

Better read Kevins post :

For all of you playing the home game along with this pixmission, since I'm the one who wrote it, I have the secret decoder ring right here ... no wait, it's in my *other* pants. Smiley

Green=examining startups (goes fairly quickly)
Blue = examining processes, threads and dependencies
Black = quiescent (nothing going on)
Red = detection has occurred OR you’ve opened the menu and BOClean is on hold until you close it.

On starting the system, it will be blue for quite some time as BOClean actually starts green but that’s usually over by the time the traybar icon appears on bootup. Blue sits there for quite a while as BOClean examines every single process, thread and dependency at startup. Once all is done, it settle into black unless something is started or it does its every ten second “recalibration” … when this happens, you’ll see a fast green or blue flick - starts green, goes blue but it happens so quickly if nothing’s happened in the past ten seconds that you might see one color or the other or a combination of both (particularly on LCD screens) … if anything starts or changes, it doesn’t wait for that ten seconds so you’ll see that flick should ANYTHING move or start.

Final answer?

Final answer, Regis. Nerd

From here :

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_boclean_antimalware_faq/info_about_what_the_tray_icon_means_read_here_resolved-t8151.0.html;msg59363#msg59363

Greetz, Red.

Thanks Red, I wasn’t able to find Kevin’s original post and was replying from memory.

E

Thank You !

Most Welcome Thanks other Moderators For Helping This User :slight_smile:

-Topic Closed-

Possible Actions:

1. PM a Moderator or Me to Unlock This Topic

2. If You Have a Different Issue Please Search For The Problem, If You Cannot Find It Create a New Topic in The Correct Board/Category

3. If You Have a Similar Issue Please PM a Moderator/User That Found The Solution To This Topic, He/She May Know How To Solve Your Issue Too

- Jacob Kilgore
C-O-M-O-D-O Forum Moderator