Comodo BOClean - 'blocked' my broadband connection

A couple of evenings ago I took a XP System Restore point, downloaded and installed Comodo BOClean Anti-Malware.

I continued to use my PC for a while after installation (all seemed OK) and then shutdown in the usual way. The following evening I started my PC but found that I could not access the internet - I could not download emails, nor could I access any web sites. My router had all-green lights but I rebooted anyway, No better. I tried a few other things but still could not get internet access.

I then uninstalled Comodo BOClean and used System restore to restore my PC back to the point before I installed BOClean. When my PC restarted, I could access the internet as usual and everything was OK.

So, why did BOClean block my access to the internet ?

So, why did BOClean block my access to the internet ?

Well, we don’t know for sure that it did yet.
Can you try installing again being sure to follow the instructions for your OS.
After installation, please reboot and see if your connectivity is affected.
If CBOC alerts on something as you reboot you will find a log of the activity in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\boc425\

It may also be possible that, depending on the make, the router may have been checking for updates. My internet becomes unusable every now and then as my router checks for software updates. It is a BT home hub and the times it checks appear to be random - during the check my internet is off for 10 - 20 minutes.

:SMLR