Comodo blocking my LAN

I have a small home network consisting of two computers. I have CPF version 2.4.18.184 installed on the host computer.
I faced a lot of problems with the svhost.exe file. Whenever it connected to the net through services.exe, my net connection would hang up. Nothing helped me get rid of the problem. So I decided to bypass it by blocking it from accessing the net with the help of CPF. The computer has worked fine for close to a year now. However, the moment I allow all traffic, the problem resurfaces.
CPF is not allowing the guest computer to access the net. I implemented the solutions stated in this forum as well. I created trusted zones but it just did not work. I cannot disable the Firewall because the svhost.exe problem crops up. I cannot keep it enabled as it does not allow the guest computer to log on.
Any assistance aimed at solving either of the two problems stated above would be most welcome.

52 views but not even a single reply?? Somebody please help!!!
:frowning:

G’day,

So I decided to bypass it by blocking it from accessing the net with the help of CPF. The computer has worked fine for close to a year now. However, the moment I allow all traffic, the problem resurfaces

Setting the firewall to ALLOW ALL effectively turns it off. If you have connectivity problems with the firewall turned off, then you unfortunately have an underlying issue, not related to the firewall.

Can you please answer the following questions;

When you say “svhost.exe”, is that it’s actual name, or is it “svchost.exe”?

Is your “guest” PC also running Comodo’s firewall?

Has your guest PC ever been able to access the internet while CFP was running?

Since your guest PC cannot access the internet while CFP is running and (I assume) can access it while CFP is turned off, but has some issue with “svhost.exe”, has the guest PC ever been able to satisfactorily access the internet?

Are there any pertinent entries in your firewalls log files?

If so, can you please save them as a text file and attach them to a reply post.

Can you please post a maximized screenshot of your Network Monitor rules.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile: