Comodo Backup crashes LAN connection when trying to archive to another computer

Hello everyone,

I’m trying out Comodo Backup as an alternative to Acronis. I have a home LAN wired that I am using and want to back up across. My computer A is where I store important documents like tax stuff, pictures, music, and other financial documents. In total about 500GB. This computer is wired through my Linksys E4200 router to Computer B. This second computer has a lot of storage (3x2TB drives, 1x1TB drive, and an OS SSD ~64GB). I have both computers set up to have the same login name and pass word and all the drives are shared. I can move data from either computer back and forth (from small to large amounts) with out a problem. Both computers are running windows 7 x64 with the most current SP. I installed the latest stable version of Comodo Backup (free version).

I tied backing up from Computer A to a second drive on Computer A that started and seemed to work well, however I miscalculated how much room was on the target drive and couldn’t finish the back up as there wasn’t enough room. I then tried to backup over my network to computer B and ran into problems connecting. I have attached 2 screen shots. Keep in mind that I have always been able to move data between these computers and after I try to back up across my network I then get the access denied message. Since this is my first try at this, it maybe a simple problem, but it also might be something about Comodo Backup that needs fixing. Any help is always appreciated and if you need more info about this issue please let me know.

Thanks
Steve

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi,

Could you please tell us if UAC is enabled for any of your computers and what security software you are currently running ?

Thank you for your support !

Thanks for the reply. Both computers have UAC level set to default (the second from the top tick on the slider bar) and MS security essentials.

Steve

I forgot to mention that both computers use an administrator account and the user and password is the same for both computers.

Steve

Hi,

This issue will be addressed in the future releases of Comodo Backup.

Thank you for your support !

Ok. Is there a work around until then? Is the new version cycle fast for this kind of issue? I’m not really sure what kind of issue it is, but I guess you have seen this problem before?

Steve

Hi

You can try the 4.0 version of Comodo Backup which is now in BETA stage here.

Thanks