Recently I download Comodo Backup Version 18.104.22.168 and I noticed some problems.
My PC is running Windows 7, 64bit.
After starting Comodo Backup, when I select “Backup” on left pan a new section appear named “New Backup”
Step 1: What to Backup
I don’t see any problem here, and I choose my sources as F:\To-Backup
Step 2: Backup Destination
When selecting TAB “My Computer” the Up arrow does not work.
It displays Computer\F:\To-Backup_full_files\ and I can not go to Computer\F:\ with the arrow.
I set the backup name manually as F:\Backup-
Step 3: Backup Settings
I expand the “Macro and Description” section, check the “Enable macros” and what appear in the text line is “Backup” without the -
I expand the “Filters” section and add an exclusion filter for file “*.bak” and check the two boxes “Exclude hidden files” and “Exclude system files”.
In section “Log” it would be interesting if we could use macro to add to the filename.
Then I press “Export to script” and finally “Backup Now”
Looking at the script file (filemane.cbs), there is no information about the filters on Hidden and System files.
Looking at the backup reveal that the hidden files are backup anyway, I don’t know about system files because I don’t have any to backup.
When starting Comodo Backup again and reading the script file, not all parameters are read correctly.
- The backup name in step 2 is not read, in fact I have to load the script twice then it is correct.
- The “Macros and Description” in step 3, I have to load the script twice sometime 3 time.
- The filters in step 3, the one I added (*.bak) even if it is in the file (filemane.cbs) it is not readback,
filters on Hidden and System file are obviously not read since they are not in the script file.
Now if I start the script from Windows Start menu the backup is now in a different location.
- F:\Backup_2014_02_14\To-Backup If script is loaded from within Comodo Backup
- F:\Backup_2014_02_14\F_\To-Backup If script is loaded from Windows Start menu
The backup location created from Windows Start menu is different from the name in the script file, which is not consistent.
I did not test everything, only what I need.
Question : Can we create our own macro like the one on top of Step 3 ?
I would like to have your comments.