We are happy to announce the COMODO Backup 188.8.131.52 BETA was released to forum. The detailed list of fixes & improvements has hundreds of lines . We’ve been working mostly on stability and improvents since last release. Below is a summary of the changelog:
What’s new & improved (compared to 184.108.40.206)
- Deduplication for cbu backups: If you backup files with the same content, the content is backed up only once (this is implemented at block levels. So, blocks with same content will be backed up only once).
- Improvements in Online Storage: Better upload/download/browsing speed. Both server and client side of Online storage part were rebuilt from scratch. See Comodo Cloud topic for more details.
- New setup skin
- WHQL certified drivers for Windows 8
- Reduced size of the setup from 36.1 MB to 22.7 MB
What’s fixed (compared to 220.127.116.11)
- some bsods caused by CBreparse.sys
- occasional high processor usage for SynchronizationService or COSService
- Occasional crashes in the user interface
- Occasional explorer frezes
- Other minor fixes
- If you have previous versions of cCloud or Comodo Backup please uninstall them before installing this version
- Occasionally mounting Comodo Cloud Drive can fail. A fix for this issue will be available in a few days.
- Rarely, if CB is installed along with cDrive, the mounted drive letter might be A: and inaccessible.
- CB might hang if clicking on progress bar, to see a backup in progress
Please use this topic to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.
This product is intended for special users (BETA Testers) who would like to join the testing process. It may contain major bugs that could cause serious problems and not be suitable for your everyday use yet. Please do not use it in your production machines.
Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2003 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2008 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit and 64-bit:
Download link 2:
Setup file size & checksums:
Size: 22.7 MB (23824248 bytes)