COMODO Backup 4.2.1.17 BETA2 bug reports

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.
Be sure to describe the problem and include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them)
  • if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic
  • if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) please run the dbgInfo.bat in installation folder and post the resulting cbu file.
  • Any other Additional Information (for example, any non-default settings used);

I realize this is not the right place, but could you please add the following capability while there’s still time: https://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cb/urgently-needed-please-provide-hard-disk-information-t88935.0.html;msg641455#msg641455

Thanks

Just to note possible involvement in a serious CIS problem:
https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/cmdagent-not-started-but-it-was-followed-by-cisexe-crash-on-win7-ultimate-x64-t89701.0.html

It did not make any CBU changes. I just installed it and rebooted and CIS 6.0 stopped working.

Sorry no diagnostics, needed to uninstall to get CIS going again smartish, as it protects two servers with open ports. Lots of detail in the CIS 6.0 bug report, see above link

Best wishes

Mouse

Not a bug as such, but when Synchronising, the backup often fails for various reasons (file not found or unable to propagate files properties). Would it be possible for the Synchronising to ignore any file it can not backup and carry on with the backup process.

c

[attachment deleted by admin]

Scheduled backups are not running. Same issue with beta 1 Debug file attached.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Vista 32bit.
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed; Macrium Reflect Free & CIS
  • How you produced the problem; Set up an Scheduled .cbu backup
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; Repair install and a clean install
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); N/A
  • if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them) N/A
  • Any other Additional Information (for example, any non-default settings used);
    Backup destination is a second internal hard drive

c

Could this caused by having two scheduled backups set to run at the same time?

The reasoning behind this, is that in Task Scheduler, there were two backups set to run at 1600hrs. The first being an old one from CBU ver 4.1.4.0, which should of been deleted prior to a clean installation of the current beta 2 and a new identical backup scheduled using this beta 2 release.

I will see tomorrow if this is the cause of the trouble.

c

c

Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit): Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Other Backup & Security Software Installed: CIS 6.0

How you produced the problem:

1. create custom profile, enable macros while creating
  2. create another custom profile

Bug Summary: when creating second custom profile in Macros field you’ll see the name of previous (first) custom profile (must be empty). Only when you check ‘Enable Macros’ previous name will be changed with the right one.

How you tried to resolve the problem: did’t try

1. disconnect Internet
  2. start Comodo Backup, go to Shortcuts
  3. close the program

Bug Summary: Comodo Backup will freeze then crash. Dump file is here: https://server.backup.comodo.com/json/direct/default/CBU.rar?key=3d9ed61c-6f82-4bc7-97d5-55a8136e083e

How you tried to resolve the problem: connect to Internet. Everything is OK if you are online.

1. make Comodo Backup to crash some times (see previous bug report)
  2. start Comodo Backup, go to Shortcuts
  3. choose custom profile and select ‘Edit’

Bug Summary: you will see old tree view. See screenshot.

How you tried to resolve the problem: can not resolve.

I still do not have scheduled backups running at the set hour.

c

Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit)
Windows 8 Pro x64

Other Backup & Security Software Installed
CIS 6

How you produced the problem
I try to mount a previously created backup image. I get a BSOD.

How you tried to resolve the problem
I tried to terminate CIS 6 and other 3rd-party background processes.

if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them)
See attached file.

Not a bug as such, but…

I am having trouble syncing some file security attributes. Attached is the log. Can you advise what I need to do so that the sync process can complete with out error.

Z: is a Lacie NetworkSpace 2.

c

• Your Operating System: Windows 7 Professional x64 (and Windows Vista x86)

• Other Backup & Security Software Installed: ESET Smart Security

• How you produced the problem:

I helped my friend making an image backup of his laptop. We backed up all the partitions including Windows and all the hidden restore partitions. (We didn’t make a full disk image backup, just selected all the partitions, so that they can be restored one by one, and not only to this disk.) The backup should not be corrupt, because the optional verification succeeded after the backup. He has Vista x86, and the backup was made using the current public edition of CBU.

He wants to be absolutely sure about the backup was successful, before upgrading his Windows. So, we tried to mount the Windows partition from the backup, but without success. The partition list in the backup is correct, the Windows partition can be selected. But after the “Mount” button is clicked, the progress bar disappears at around 70%. The program then displays that the partition is mounted, but in Windows no new drive appears (neither new disk in disk management, or anything).
Clicking the unmount button also seems to unmount the backup, but interestingly the volume where the backup file resides (an USB hard drive) remains locked in Windows and cannot be ejected.

• How you tried to resolve the problem;

I tried to mount the same backup on my own PC, where I have Windows 7 x64, but the same error occurred.
Seeing this, I tried to upgrade my CBU to this BETA release, but again the same error occurred.
This is the current state, where I made the screenshots and debuginfo-s.

(I also tried to mount the hidden partitions - which should be simple FAT32 partitions, I think -, this resulted in an explicit error message. Don’t know if this is important…)

• Screen-shots with the error (if any):
    screenshot_1.png - before mount
    screenshot_2.png - after mount, before unmount
    screenshot_3.png - after unmount and USB HDD eject

• if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) please run the dbgInfo.bat in installation folder and post the resulting cbu file.
    The first one made after the mount operation,
    the second one made after the unmount operation.

(Sorry for being that complicated, but I think the problem is only with the mount operation, so the different Windows versions are not relevant. Also, I’m able to mount my older backups with only one partition, so the problem may be with putting more partitions into one .cbu file.)

Thanks in advance!

Umm… I’m stupid, didn’t spotted that this beta is older than the current release… Sorry.
Anyway, now I have time to test this clearly on the current version, and will report it shortly if I can reproduce it.