COMODO Backup 4.1 BETA Bug reports

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.
Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them)
  • if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic
  • if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) run the dbgInfo.bat file in installation directory and post the resulting cbu file for analysis.
  • Any other Additional Information (for example, any non-default settings used);
  • Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Windows 7 64bit & Vista 32bit
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed; CIS 5.9.22 & Macrium Reflect free on both PCs
  • How you produced the problem; Ran Rescue CD
  • Screen resolution on Windows 7 laptop - 1360 x 768
  • Rescue CD based on Windows 7
    [/quote]
    • The rescue CD GUI is larger than the screen, with no way to adjust the width. The height can be adjusted to suit.

2 .- When restoring from the Rescue Disk and after rebooting, CBU did not kick in as expected. This resulted in the restore operation not running.

c

What do you mean by this? How was CBU supposed to ‘kick in’?

Thanks

Normally when CBU does a Disk restore, the restore is scheduled to run at the next restart, but when using the rescue disk, it did not, despite saying it would.

I will give this another go tomorrow on another machine just to confirm.

c

Oh, it shouldn’t have required a restart. :slight_smile: This is the purpose of the rescue media.
Did you have and file/folder opened/in use on any drive of the disk to be restored?
Please make sure no files/folders on that disk are opened/in use.

Thanks

Surely, there should not be any files/folders open when running the rescue CD? I will double check tomorrow when I will try again.

c

OK, had another go earlier today, and all went well. I think i must of selected the wrong location for the restore.

c

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Windows 7 Ultimate x32

• Other Backup & Security Software Installed; CIS 5.10, CTM(the lastest stable)

• How you produced the problem; I attempted to restore my back uped Skype talks from Online Storage. I logged into the Comodo Cloud via Comodo Backup, hit restore now, CBU said that it is working now and then after about 1 minute it crashed (CBU main exe).

• How you tried to resolve the problem; I’ve tried again with the same result.

• Screen-shots with the error (if any); see an attachment

• if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them) -

• if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic: attached (not sure if needed, but i created it anyway)

• if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) run the dbgInfo.bat file in installation directory and post the resulting cbu file for analysis: attached

• Any other Additional Information (for example, any non-default settings used); none

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yes, it was needed. It helped us find the cause and fix it.
The fix will be available in next BETA.

Thanks

Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
Windows 7 x64

Other Backup & Security Software Installed
Avast 7.0.1426

How you produced the problem
Trying to perform a new copy of a personal profile backup stored in shortcuts, fails.
I set a password to my cbu files and now when I try to perform a copy of that backup profile, it prompts me for requesting encryption password for backup. Even if I set the right password, CB displays Encription password provided is invalid.
If I try to restore the backup and I enter the password, everything works fine so the file and the password are OK.

How you tried to resolve the problem;
N/A
Any other Additional Information (for example, any non-default settings used);
All my backup files are password encrypted

Hello,

When I installed this new version it ■■■■■■■ up everything.
All my previous Backups were deleted on the backup drive (Full and incrementals) !!!
All my custom profiles deleted as well !!!
Moreover,now it is impossible to browse a folder to exclude some files from backup.
So when you select a folder for backup you must backup everything in the folder,including “temp” subfolders ,cookies, etc…

Should I come back to the previous version?

You mean that the cbu files were deleted from the backup drive immediatly after installing this version?
Did you run any backup job after install, before observing that files are deleted?

What version of CB did you have before this?

You can use exclusion filters to exclude folders by their name.

Thanks

Hi,

Yes I did a system backup.
I had 4.0.7 version previously.
Actually,my previous Backups were not erased,but all my custom profiles have disappeared.
Using exclusion filters to remove folders and subfolders from the backup is a very tedious solution.
In the previous version You could browse the folders tree and uncheck the ones you didn’t want to backup.