COMODO BackUp 4.0.5 RC Bug Reports

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • file system (FAT32/NTFS/…)
  • All log files (%TEMP%\ComodoLogsFolder and \Windows\Temp\ComodoLogsFolder). You can compress these folders into a single zip file.
  • does Diagnose says the application is installed correctly? (“CB Diagnose report.txt” in %TEMP% folder)
  • User Account Control On/Off ?
  • Any other Additional Information;

I see we are still being asked to input a time interval on saving an instant sync backup. See attached.

On a brighter side, We can now sync more than one item in the same sync backup. :slight_smile:
Getting to exited. :embarassed:
Windows 7
CIS
Macrium Reflect Free
NTFs
UAC off
Run as Administrator

c

[attachment deleted by admin]

GUI anomaly.

“When computer is idle f…” for?

see attached.

Problem: I got BSoD when I planned restoring backup on reboot.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); - Windows 7 UltimateSP1 (although it’s a modification of Windows I doubt that’s a problem).
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed; - CIS 5.8 BETA the newest, CTM last stable.
  • How you produced the problem; I planned the registry backup on restart… then I got BSod and I had to restore my system with CTM to previous state.

BSoD was:

[b]STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x83632FEB, 0x8ADEBAA8, 0x8ADEB680)

CBUFS.ses - Address 83632FEB base at 83624000, Datestamp 4e70ff27[/b]

• How you tried to resolve the problem; N/A
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); N/A
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; N/A:(
  • file system (FAT32/NTFS/…) NTFS
  • All log files (%TEMP%\ComodoLogsFolder and \Windows\Temp\ComodoLogsFolder). You can compress these folders into a single zip file. Unfourtonutely all gone with restoring snapshot with CPM.
  • does Diagnose says the application is installed correctly? (“CB Diagnose report.txt” in %TEMP% folder) N/A
  • User Account Control On/Off ? Off
  • Any other Additional Information; N/A

Problem: Comodo Backup wizard doesn’t work here.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); - Windows 7 UltimateSP1 (although it’s a modification of Windows I doubt that’s a problem).
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed; - CIS 5.8 BETA the newest, CTM last stable.
  • How you produced the problem; I wanted to run Comodo Backup Wizard, it failed to run.
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; N/A
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); see attachment
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; I don’t have any
  • All log files (%TEMP%\ComodoLogsFolder and \Windows\Temp\ComodoLogsFolder). You can compress these folders into a single zip file. attached to the post
  • does Diagnose says the application is installed correctly? (“CB Diagnose report.txt” in %TEMP% folder) No it doesn’t say
  • User Account Control On/Off ? off

Text in the error means something like " Can’t run an application, because its simultaneous configuration is incorrect. More details can be found in application’s …(and rest insignificant part).

Hello,

Please install one of these (x86 or x64 based on your system) and let us know if the problem still exists:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=29
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=15336

It works now, thanks!

I am not getting the “Integrate into Windows Explorer” options when right clicking on an CBU backup file.

Windows 7
CIS 5.5
Macrium Reflect Free
NTFS
UAC off
Run as Administrator

c

I initially installed CBU v4 over v3. However, when starting up CBU the diagnostic report report told me that there were some problems with the installation. I uninstalled v4. Having done so, I noticed on the reboot that the sync service (\program files\comodo\comodo backup\synhronizationservice.exe) had started automatically and had not been uninstalled. Similarly COSservice (located in the same directory) had not been uninstalled. I deleted that directory and did a clean install of v4. After the reboot and starting v4, the diagnotic report told me that that the sync service and COS service were not running. The registry keys in HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\services were still pointing to the old locations and not to \program files\comodo\common\ the newly created directory containing the the newly installed service images.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); XP/SP3 32-bit
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed; CIS v5.5.196786.1383
  • How you produced the problem; described above
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; manually amending regstry leys to point to correct locatiion
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • file system (FAT32/NTFS/…)L NTFS
  • All log files (%TEMP%\ComodoLogsFolder and \Windows\Temp\ComodoLogsFolder). You can compress these folders into a single zip file. ATTached
  • does Diagnose says the application is installed correctly? (“CB Diagnose report.txt” in %TEMP% folder)
  • User Account Control On/Off ?
    [/quote]

I have seen this when deleting an saved/scheduled backup on this RC.

Also, when running an program before a backup commences (Before and After Tasks) despite ticking the box to “wait for task to complete”, the backup starts before the task has completed.
Window 7 Home Premium 64bit
CIS 5.5…1383
NFTS
UAC off

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Windows 7 SP1 x64

• Other Backup & Security Software Installed; Norton 360

• How you produced the problem; Installed CB Latest Beta and there is no right click context support even though it is checked in settings.

• How you tried to resolve the problem; Reinstall, Repair

• Screen-shots with the error (if any); None

• Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; None

• All log files (%TEMP%\ComodoLogsFolder and \Windows\Temp\ComodoLogsFolder). You can compress these folders into a single zip file. Attached - MANY ERRORS!

• does Diagnose says the application is installed correctly? (“CB Diagnose report.txt” in %TEMP% folder) Yes after replacing the file “cos-core-lib.dll” with a fresh copy from the install file using 7zip to open it.

• User Account Control On/Off ? On

• Any other Additional Information; I removed online backup as I have no use for it. I will install again and see if the problem persits

Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Win7 SP1 64 bit

• Other Backup & Security Software Installed; avast Antivirus
  • How you produced the problem; Updating and incremental backup
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; Installed latest RC
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); Attached
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; N/A
  • file system (FAT32/NTFS/…) NFTS
  • All log files (%TEMP%\ComodoLogsFolder and \Windows\Temp\ComodoLogsFolder). You can compress these folders into a single zip file. Attached
  • does Diagnose says the application is installed correctly? (“CB Diagnose report.txt” in %TEMP% folder) Attached
  • User Account Control On/Off ? On
  • Any other Additional Information; Couple of issues.
  1. When CB Backup updates itself it freezes and after closing won’t run. Have to restart and then install fresh copy of latest release over top of existing which then seems to fix.

2. Incremental back up is halting at Writing Indexation and coming up with a Main executable not working error per screenshot. Happened in last Beta version and latest RC. Previously fixed by running a new full backup.

Please manually update to latest version. You can download it here: http://downloads.comodo.com/cbu/download/setups/CB_setup.exe
The problems were reported already by some users, so manually updating to latest version should fix the problems.

Installed Comodo backup.
Tried to add a scheduled backup.
Did not complete it. canceled setup.

After a few minutes. Computer became unresponsive.
Forced restart.
Blue screen of death. stop error 0x7e
Restarted in safe mode
Scheduled checkdsk and restarted in normal mode.
Computer worked for a few minutes and became unresponsive again.
Hard drive activity light was on continuously.
Waited 10 minutes. No change in state.
Forced shut down and restart in safe mode
Check disk again and restart in normal mode.
As soon as I logged in. I went to add/remove programs and removed comodo backup and comodo online storage.
Restarted.
Used computer for a few minutes and it became unstable again.
Forced shut down and restarted in safe mode.
Check services and found the services were still there.
Did a system restore and restarted normally.
Services were still there and running.
Stopped services manually.
Removed services manually.
Deleted all folders and files associated with Comodo backup and online storage.
Ran CCLeaner to fix any remaining registry entires.
Restarted computer. Working fine now. May try again later when I have more time.

Seams product does not work well on my PC and does not uninstall correctly.

Antivirus: Vipre Business Premium (GFI Software)
File System: NTFS
No log files were saved.
User Access Control is off.

Is it possible CB is not compatible with Vipre?

Hello,

The scenario did not reproduce for us. If you have a dump file of the BSOD we would appreciate it if you could upload it to Online Storage through the web interface and share a download link with us.
It would also be useful if you could give us a list of other software that you have installed (we are interested in software that use drivers and might have been in conflict with CB).

Thank you.