COMODO BackUp 4.0.4 BETA5 Released!

Hello,

We are happy to announce that COMODO Backup 4.0.4 BETA5 was released!!!

What’s new:

option to disable scan for backup purposes.
changed from radio buttons to tabs, the destination types in backup step 2
COS setup is optional to install with CB
Prompt for restart is no longer a checkbox, but as a Yes/No question dialog.

What’s fixed:

• CB crashes when attempting to create an incremental backup by choosing existing base
  • CB random crashes when launched
  • issue with signing out from the Online Storage account that doesn’t work
  • explorer.exe hanged somtimes at right click on a folder
  • issues with backup to email and email notification
  • fixed error 195 for Online Storage
  • disk priority issues
  • diagnostic issues when running under limited account or with UAC on
  • issue with cancelling search operation in restore step 3
  • Some restore options which were not added to the .cbs script
  • CB not starting from WinPE
  • minor GUI issues

Known issues:

• In some cases, a paused disk restoration process can not be resumed;
  • Possible issues when running Comodo BackUp with User Access Control (UAC) enabled or when running under limited account;
  • Performance issues and delayed start-ups on some operating systems;
  • Some issues with the backup settings from the Backup Source screen;
  • CBU.exe may hang in some cases during installation and it may require ending from task manager

Bug Reports:

Please use this topic to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

BETA NOTICE: This product is intended for special users (BETA Testers) who would like to join the testing process. It may contain major bugs that could cause serious problems and not be suitable for your everyday use yet. Please do not use it in your production machines.

Download Location:

Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2003 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2008 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit:

http://download.comodo.com/cbu/download/setups/CB_4.0.4.8_xp_vista_server2003_server2008_win7_BETA5.exe

Setup file size & checksums:
20.02 MB (20994856 bytes)
MD5: A3D1CD25FF0A95DE0833C3660C17CF85
SHA1: BFAB8631F24553A22C22A07227128CC44E50A33C

Thank you so much for including the ability to disable the scanning. :-TU

excellent work guys!

Comodo Backup is becoming a leading contender and taking some big market share already!

Welldone!!!

Melih

• explorer.exe hanged somtimes at right click on a folder

Thanks for sorting this. It was beginning to annoy me. Though I had not realised CBU was to blame.

c

Nice done, downloading it now :slight_smile:

OFFTOPIC

This topic tells you how you can test a beta product without putting your computer at risk

Regards,
Valentin N

will be even bigger when you add a rescue disk.

Agreed.

what other features do you guys need?

please give us a full list…we want a list of features so that when we implement them all, it will be the best backup software that you want.

the rescue cd has been asked for a long time ago and still no sign of it?this is the feature that keeps me from using cb.cant comment on other features yet as i dont use it.

Hi Melih,

The most important feature CB currently lacks is the built-in ability to create startup/bootable CD (or USB) media, containing CB, which can be used to backup/restore a system without having to boot into an operating system.

Most of the major backup/cloning applications have this capability built-in and do not require a user to go through the trouble of using a third-party utility to create one.

That is what all the complaining is about.

Thanks

+1
Hi Melih,

A bootable CD so that you can restore from an external drive would make all the difference to nearly all current and future users :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work

Bob ( Dolphin66 )

I would like to see the incremental back up to work over ftp

A bootable cd has indeed been asked for for quite some time. it is the one main feature that this application has been sorely lacking. Add. this and you will have a great product. I will note it is due to this lacking feature I do not use CB yet. instead I use the backup supplied with the installation disk just to allow me to do system recoveries when necessary.

You can use incremental cbu backup over ftp. Just make sure the backup file names are different for each run.

Thanks

I thought the purpose of an incremental backup was to not create multiple files and just update the original file.

+1

why dont we integrate time machine in CB…??

CTM isnt being developed anymore

:slight_smile:

The ability to save backup with custom names.

c

? is ctm coming to cb?