COMODO BackUp 4.0.0 BETA Bug Reports

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • file system (FAT32/NTFS/…)
  • All log files;
  • does Diagnose says the application is installed correctly? (“Diagnose report.txt” in %TEMP% folder)
  • User Account Control On/Off ?
  • Any other Additional Information;
  • Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); windows 7 pro 32
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed; comodo firewall latest
  • How you produced the problem; tried to install cbu beta and i keep getting an error after reboot. the diagnostics says there are a few damaged files
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; uninstall using cpm and reboot and reinstall. doesnt fix anything
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • file system (FAT32/NTFS/…) ntfs
  • All log files;
  • does Diagnose says the application is installed correctly? (“Diagnose report.txt” in installation folder) no, diagnostics text file attatched
  • User Account Control On/Off ? off
  • Any other Additional Information this only seem to happen in the free version. i will reinstall the pro and report back

EDIT: i have also tried the repair function but it didnt solve the problem

EDIT: just installed the pro version and the problem seems to be gone. it must only be in the free version

[attachment deleted by admin]

??? Still no bootable media option? What a letdown. :frowning:

many thanks for this release.

I also had the “there are a few damaged files” on installation (Pro version).

A few initial thoughts:

Likes.
Seems to backup faster than v3.
The “Instant Synchronisation” option.
The “Remove Malware and Junk” option.
The messages, with the spinning cogs, that tell you CBU is waiting on/working Mounting/connecting to a network drive.

Dislikes, but this is a personal choice, the GUI at backup stage 3. I feel v3 was laid out better.

Problems encountered so far:
Setting “reset revision number at x backups” works when selecting “Revision number” macro and not “Revision number Max” macro.

Removing macros causes program to become responsive.

First impression of the Pro version is very good. Will either version come with a Recsue Cd option. It appears to be the one request most people have asked for.

c

Windows 7 64bit
CIS
NTFS
UAC off

Hi Guys, having installation problems, both the Free & Pro versions are reporting installation errors, but then saying cannot find Diagnostics Report Txt.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);Vista SP2 32Bit
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed;COB 2.0 beta & CIS 5.4
  • How you produced the problem;Installed free version
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;Uninstalled free version then installed Pro version
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);Attached
  • file system (FAT32/NTFS/…)NTFS
  • All log files;
  • does Diagnose says the application is installed correctly? (“Diagnose report.txt” in installation folder)See screen shot
  • User Account Control On/Off ?On
  • Any other Additional Information;

Mounting backups.

When mounting a backup from Windows Explorer, backups containing “Track 0 and MBR” and/or an “System Partition” will not mount properly. Windows wants to format the new drive and CBU can not open selected file.
Screen shots attached.

Opening the same backup file from within CBU,Manage - Mounted Drives - Mount an Existing Backup, works perfectly.

Windows 7 64bit
CIS
NFTS
UAC off

Running tasks before and after backup do run. They appear as: ““C:\ProgramFiles\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe” /AUTO” and ““C:\ProgramFiles\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe”” An over-enthusiastic " me thinks?

log attached.

Windows 7
CIS
NFTS
UAC off.

c

I’m trying this Beta product to compare with my actual Cobian backup software.
I’ve seen you have improved functionality and speed but this program uses huge amount of memory.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);Windows 7 x64
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed;Cobian Backup 10 & Avast 6.0.1125 free
  • How you produced the problem;Performing a full/incremental backup in a cbu file
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;NA
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);Attached
  • file system (FAT32/NTFS/…)NTFS
  • All log files;
  • does Diagnose says the application is installed correctly? (“Diagnose report.txt” in %TEMP% folder)YES
  • User Account Control On/Off ?OFF
  • Any other Additional Information;Files to be copied are stored in both local and network drives. The number of total files is almost 125.000 and final cbu size is 4.8 GB