COMODO BackUp 3.0 build 29 BETA released

Hello,

COMODO Backup 3.0 build 29 BETA has been released!
This release includes brand new GUI and user experience and new features.
As usual, your feedback is very important as we want this product to match your needs.

What’s new

• up to 30% better speed when backing up / restoring from .cbu backups
  • more intuitive and easier to use GUI. Backing up and restoring can be performed with 2 mouse clicks. Name for backups are automatically suggested.
  • Online Backup support for .cbu file format, simple copy and synchronized copy
  • Online Backup storage space seen as a partition from any program (Windows Explorer, Total Commander, etc…)
  • incremental/differential disk/partition backups
  • Disk backups can be mounted as virtual disks and they are accessible in Computer Management → Disk Management. The content of the partititions can be browsed from Windows Explorer.
  • Partition backups can be mounted as virtual partitions, and their content can be browsed from Windows Explorer.
  • Files & directories backups can be mounted as virtual drives, and their content can be browsed from Windows Explorer
  • Mounting disk/partition backups as virtual drives is instant and do not depend on the backups size if the backups is performed with CB 3.0 or later.
  • Mounting Disk & partition backups can be performed in read-write mode, and changes are saved as incremental backups.
  • Create ZIP archives
  • Create ISO images
  • Burn backups (.cbu and simple copy) directly to CD/DVD/BD (windows XP backups might require aditional disk space)
  • Backups for files in use can be performed using raw reading or, optionally, Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service
  • cloning disk/partitions
  • simple copy backups for email and messenger clients
  • backup directly to email (as attachement)
  • multiple incremental/differential backups can be stored in the same .cbu archive
  • self extracting .cbu backup
  • backups performed with CB 2.2 or earlier versions can be mounted too
  • incremental/differential disk/partition backups can be mounted too
  • backup email clients/messenger clients using simple copy format
  • if user double-clicks on a split file, the cbu archive is opened automatically without telling the user to select the first split
  • splits and parent incremental/full backups are found automatically if they are in the same directory, even if they were renamed
  • History records both backup and restore events even if they were unsuccessfull
  • CTM issue fixed, if CTM is installed user is prompted to include disk free space in the backup for CTM-compatibility
  • if backup is stored on multiple CDs/DVDs in native mode… user is asked for the next CD/DVD when needed.
  • script files support global variables such as %TEMP%, %USERPROFILE%, etc
  • update to BETA versions, optionally
  • fixed issues with emailing API

Known Isssues

Restore at restart may not work properly;
COMODO ONLINE BACKUP on some computers may not work properly;
Media Backup, Document Backup and User Backup from the Backup page may not work on Windows XP
Other profiles: Browser data backup: doesn’t work on some computers
Inclusion/Exclusion Filters, “Find”, “Create parent folders in destination path” features are not working
Selective restore is not working properly
Some GUI issues
Windows cannot verify the publisher of the application’s driver at installation
Restore ‘Registry Entries’ backup may fail with code 1
Backing up mail accounts fails with error
Backup Now button from the Summary page doesn’t work properly
In some cases, backups and COB drive cannot be mounted
“Log to file” option is not working
“Export to script” option is not working - the application crashes
The backup cannot be performed on a network computer which is password protected
“Sync data” profile is not working on some machines

Bug Reports:

Please use https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cb/comodo-backup-30-build-29-beta-bug-reports-t57401.0.html to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

BETA NOTICE: This product is intended for special users (BETA Testers) who would like to join the testing process. It may contain major bugs that could cause serious problems and not be suitable for your everyday use yet. Please do not use it in your production machines.

Download Locations:

Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2003 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2008 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit:

URL: http://download.comodo.com/cbu/download/setups/CB_3.0.150554.29_Setup_xp_vista_server2003_server2008_win7_BETA.exe
Size : 15.37 MB (16120392 bytes)
MD5 : ebe270be6db25783db9f211022601448
SHA1 : f2b083a4ba593ca38ccac815512031537dd3de00

excellent work guys!

Melih

Thanks, I am downloading now.

John

good work guys, I can’t wait to see the new GUI.

I just checked it out, I LOVE the user interface, so modern and clean. Well laid out and very cool. I hope all comodo products are going to use this style of interface. It also seemes much more responsive. I like it, keep it up guys, very cool.

screenshots plzz

CB ss

[attachment deleted by admin]

thanxx buddy

Check this out:

Congratulations team!!!

This was a tremendous effort for the entire team(development, design and qa). We are close to final release, so do not lose focus… drinks after:).

As for our users: I would appreciate to get as much feedback from you - we really take it into consideration, as you can see with this new line of products.

As I said with Comodo System Cleaner ver 3… GREAT GUI! Loving it! Simple, but it’s extremely attractive, and easy to use for anyone.

Best GUI Ive seen from any Comodo Product tbh! Well done!

Thank you! Our intention was to make this product usable by anyone.

Indeed, very nice looking interface :-TU. Really looking forward to testing this on my test tablet. Good job.

:slight_smile:

Fit GUI :stuck_out_tongue:
Is this the way CIS 2011 is going too?

I’ll give this version a go I’ve always loved Comodo Back up, Much better than the watered down back up in Windows 7 Home Premium. ;D

Congratulations on the new release!

Cobian BackUp now has the look and feel of a very ‘grown up’ application. Can I also say that the GUI is brilliant and has worked flawlessly with my, so far, limited testing of this new BETA. It would be good to see a similar interface in CIS in the not so distant future ;).

I look forward to pushing the final release out to my clients as this release has far exceeded my expectations of this product and even as a BETA functions more streamlined than my current solution.

Thanks all at Comodo for all your hard work.

• 1024 for the brand new GUI =)

wow, Comodo backup looks really sweet. I am looking forward to the final version :slight_smile: Great progress

I have a .cbu from a previous 2.x build. I have one computer with an external hard drive as well. Is it finally possible to restore the .cbu file from the external hard drive to my computer without needing the external hard drive having both CBU and another windows os installed/booted from?

I absolutely do not wish to cause undue alarm as this is probably a false positive; however, my ESET NOD32 A/V with virus database 5186 detects the Win32/Genetik trojan in one of the files in CB_3.0.150554.29_Setup_xp_vista_server2003_server2008_win7_BETA.exe.

Specifically, it is detected in the file cbu_32. This file is in product.cab, which is itself contained within setup.msi. Setup.msi is part of the installation executable.

The MD5 and SHA1 of my file matches the ones listed in your post. I also scanned the file with MalwareBytes, which found no problems. I have no other software to check the file with.

As I said, I suspect a false positive; however, I would appreciate someone at Comodo checking this file and issuing an “all clear”. Also, did anyone else with a different A/V program get any alert with this file?

Thanks.

No alert when scanned with Essentials, AVG, NIS or KIS